This is the Yamaha Limited Edition All-Solid Koa Wood A4K Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar. Koa is a dense, tropical hardwood that combines an incredible midrange focus and top-end brightness, along with great midrange overtones, warmth and sweetness to the voice.
The A4K is an ideal fit for the experienced guitar player looking for an instrument with a high degree of playability and a versatile sound for stage and studio.
Additionally, the alternative tone woods, fine-grain patterns and incredible look of the instrument will appeal to collectors. This new model features standout sound quality and craftsmanship that is virtually untouchable.
The AC4K Dreadnought features an all-solid Koa top, back and sides, imparting a dark and exotic look and feel to the guitar.
Cutting-edge acoustic analysis technology developed by Yamaha led to the development of these models’ new scalloped bracing pattern for the top board and shorter bracing than normal for the back board. The result is overall increases across the lower range, richer harmonic overtones in the midrange, with louder and stronger low-mid ranges.
The SRT2 pickup system, also developed by Yamaha, perfectly suits the guitars for versatile acoustic-electric performance. The clear sound of the piezo pickups is ideal for cutting through a dense mix, and for lush detailed resonance, the pickup system also provides studio-grade microphone emulations culled from a select handful of vintage studio condenser and ribbon mics.
The guitar’s tone can be customised by mixing piezo and mic tones to find the optimal sound for any playing style. The system controls also include volume, treble and bass control knobs; the last doubles as an auto-feedback reduction button.
“Bringing back this exotic and rich-sounding wood to our premier A Series guitars and combining it with the unique Yamaha SRT pickup technology is remarkable enough,” said Dennis Webster, product marketing manager, Yamaha Corporation of America. “However, being able to offer such a guitar at this price point makes it one of a kind.”
This strictly limited release is available at southcoastmusic!
- Traditional western body cutaway
- Solid Hawaiian koa top
- Solid Hawaiian koa back & sides
- New scalloped bracing for louder, richer acoustic sound
- Natural, dynamic plugged-in sound by the SRT2 System
- Double-line abalone inlays and unique black tuning machine keys
- High-comfort neck profile
- Elixir strings
- Hard bag included
- Body Shape – Concert Body Cutaway
- Scale Length – 650mm (9/16″)
- Body Length – 505mm (19 7/8″)
- Total Length – 1046mm (41 3/16″)
- Body Width – 412mm (16 1/4″)
- Body Depth – Body Depth 100/118mm (3 15/16″ – 5/8″)
- Nut Width – 43mm (1 11/16″)
- String Spacing – 11.00mm
- Top Material – Solid Hawaiian Koa w/Scalloped Bracing
- Back Material – Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Side Material – Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Neck Material – African Mahogany 3ply
- Fingerboard Material – Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius – R400mm (15 3/4)
- Nut Material – Urea
- Saddle Material – Urea
- Bridge Pins – Black ABS with White Dot
- Tuners – Ebony Type Knob(TM29GB)
- Body Binding – Mahogany + Cream
- Soundhole Inlay – Double-line Abalone inlay
- Pickguard – Tortoise Pattern
- Body Finish – Gloss
- Neck Finish – Matt
- Electronics – SYSTEM71(SRT2 System) + SRT Piezo Pickup
- Controls – Vol/Mic Type Select(2 types)/Treble/Bass/SRT-Piezo Blend/AFR
- Connections – LINE OUT
- Strings – Elixir NANOWEB 80/20 Bronze Light
- Accessories – Soundhole Cover, Hex Wrench
- Case – Hard Bag