- YAMAHA COMPASS SERIES GUITARS
- YAMAHA CPX600 ACOUSTIC ELECTRIC GUITAR
- ROOT BEER FINISH
- PRO-SCM SETUP
• Root Beer Finish
• Sitka Spruce Top
• Nato Neck
• 634mm (25″) Scale Length for Enhanced Comfort
• Narrower String Spacing Makes Stretching for Chords Easier
• New Bracing Pattern For Tighter Tone
• Genuine Rosewood Fingerboard and Bridge
• Performance focused Yamaha System 65A Pickup with Built-In Chromatic Tuner
• Five Year Warranty
• PRO-SCM setup
Yamaha are well known for their Audio and Electronic Engineering expertise. It comes as no surprise then that Yamaha design, engineer and build their own pickup systems for their Electro-Acoustic guitars. The CPX600 features Yamaha’s System 65 pickup system with their SRT pickup that has been specifically designed by Yamaha to work in sync with the dynamics of guitars such as this CPX600 and the thinline APX series.
The system includes an active preamp with a 3 band equaliser and adjustable mid-range frequency control allowing you to shape the tone to your exact needs as well as eliminating any troublesome frequencies that may lead to feedback issues. There is also a precision chromatic tuner built in for swift, easy and accurate setup.
Yamaha are one of the most experienced musical instrument manufacturers on the planet. Their superb craftsmanship, attention to detail along with a reputation for simply building great sounding instruments has earned them the respect of musicians of all levels across all four corners of the globe.
The Compass series CPX600 combines the slick playability and clear, dynamic plugged in tone of Yamaha’s APX electro-acoustic guitars with a slightly bigger body for a more powerful and balanced acoustic sound. Yamaha Guitars are renowned for their superb tone and this CPX600 is a great example.
The CPX600 offers the ideal balance between plugged in high-performance amplified tone and traditional acoustic style.
The medium-jumbo body CPX delivers an open, modern tone with powerful, rich low-end, smooth, delicate highs and sweet mids. Yamaha have developed a new non-scalloped bracing pattern that ensures a strong, rich acoustic tone that remains clear and usable on stage and in the studio.
The 25″ scale length is favoured by players everywhere and along with the narrower string spacing results in a supremely comfortable playing experience.
This guitar also benefits from our in-house PRO-SCM setup with special attention given to the frets including hand rolling the fret ends. The fretboard is oiled and conditioned and the frets are then polished to slinky smoothness. Nut slots are cut to correct depth and the saddle height adjusted to provide the optimum playing experience. While we are often asked for a low action, please let us know if you are a “heavy hitter” and we will keep the string height a little higher to accomodate your playing style. This work is carried out with the original strings as supplied by Yamaha.
• Series: Yamaha Compass
• Body Shape: Medium Jumbo Cutaway
• Scale Length: 634mm (25”)
• Body Length: 511mm (20 1/8″)
• Total Length: 1043mm (41 5/8″)
• Body Width: 400mm (15 3/4″)
• Body Depth: 95-115mm (3 3/4″ – 4 1/2″)
• Nut Width: 43mm (1 11/16”)
• String Spacing: 10.0mm
• Top Material: Sitka Spruce
• Back Material: Mahogany
• Side Material: Mahogany
• Neck Material: Mahogany
• Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
• Fingerboard Radius: R400mm (23 5/8″)
• Bridge Material: Indian Rosewood
• Nut Material: Urea
• Saddle Material: Urea
• Bridge Pins: Black ABS with White Dot
• Tuners: Die-cast Chrome (TM29T)
• Body Binding: Ivory + Black
• Sound Hole Inlay: ABS + Abalone
• Pick Guard: Transparent
• Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
• Neck Finish: Matt
• Electronics: SYSTEM65 + SRT Piezo Pickup
• Controls: Vol/3-band EQ/Tuner/Mid FQ
• Connections: LINE OUT
• Strings: .012/.016/.024/.032/.042/.053
• Setup: PRO-SCM
• Warranty: Five Years