MXR Custom Badass ’78 Distortion Pedal – electric Guitar FX
The MXR Custom Badass ’78 Distortion is a factory-modded pedal that roars with huge amp stack tones and old school tube amp-like distortion.
The tonal outlaws at MXR took a classic distortion circuit and hot-rodded it to the next level for over-the-top soaring leads and rich, saturated rhythms. With only three knobs, dialing in Badass tone is a cinch. The CRUNCH button allows you to choose between two different modes of diode and LED clipping, boosting the harmonic content of the distortion.
The ’78 Distortion’s wide open amp-like sound sounds great whether it’s in front of a clean amp, a slightly dirty amp, or a full on overdriven amp. Under the hood, this high performance machine features top notch circuitry and hardware meant for a lifetime of use.
MXR Custom Badass ’78 Distortion Specifications:
• Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
• Output Impedance: 6 kΩ
• Nominal Input Level: -22 dBV
• Max Output Level – Crunch Off: -5 dBV
• Max Output Level – Crunch On: -2 dBV
• Noise Floor:-84 dBV Gain & Tone at mid position, Output at full clockwise position, A-weighted
• Distortion Range: 27 dB at 500 Hz
• Max System Gain: 43 dB
• Tone Control Tilt EQ @ 100 Hz: ± 4 dB
• Tone Control Tilt EQ @ 2 kHz: ± 5 dB
• Bypass: True Hardwire
• Current Draw – LEDs Off: 2.5mA
• Current Draw – LEDs On: 6mA
• Power Supply: 9 volts DC
• Warranty: One Year