Lag Roxane 2025 25th Anniversary Electric Guitar no.003 of 25 Handmade in France
The Lag story is an interesting one. In 1978, after almost ten years as a guitarist and singer in several French Pop and Rock bands, Michel Lâg-Chavarria began the crazy (but so exciting) project to create and produce high-end guitars in Toulouse, a city well known for its famous artists and active music scene in the South-West of France.
Lag Guitars first began as an efficient and reliable repair shop dedicated to all stringed instruments. The resulting knowledge, experience and confidence gained by Michel Lâg-Chavarria soon saw him building custom shop guitars for many different and interesting customers who began to beat an ever increasing path to his door.
Through increasing exposure by artists on stage and in the studio, the demand for Lâg guitars continued to grow and eventually in the early 1980’s the firts “production” models were introduced to guitar dealers and players; first in France, then all around Europe, with great success.
Lâg Haute Couture workshop is now located in Bédarieux, a wonderful area in the South-East of France, not far from the Mediterranean Sea, set among vineyards and olive trees.
On a philosophical point of view, Michel Lâg-Chavarria’s global vision, with the help of talented designers and expert technicians, has always been to avoid stereotypes, exorbitantly priced and over-used guitar designs, and to bring some refinement and style to the guitar world.
In 2002, Michel met Gérard Garnier, President of Algam group, France’s largest musical instrument distributor. This meeting was a major step in the creative and international evolution of the brand. A whole new range of Lag guitars – designed in France – and built in their facility in China saw Lag explode onto the world scene. Lag have won countless awards and built a legion of loyal fans with their high quality and affordable guitars.
Now we all know that quality requires imagination, time and hard work. After more than 25 years of experience and passion, Lâg finally arrived in Australia in 2006.
This is the Lag Roxane RB2025 Mastershop Series Anniversary Electric Guitar. Hand crafted in strictly limited numbers, only 25 examples were built and released in 2006 – this is number 003 and is the only example exported by Lag into Australia.
This gorgeous guitar is brand new, unplayed and represents an opportunity to purchase a hand made instrument built by an internationally renowned maker in France.
• Model: RB2025BRS 25th Anniversary Model
• Build Number: Number 003 of 025
• Body Style: Roxane
• Colour: Antique Burst
• Finish: Satin Varnish and Beeswax
• Body Material: Bookmatched African Mahogany
• Top Material: Carved Bookmatched Quilt Maple Top
• Neck material: Canadian Maple
• Neck/Body Join: Set Neck Construction with Ergonomic Cutaway
• Fretboard: Material: Gabon Ebony
• Body and Neck Binding: Canadian Maple Binding
• Nut Material: Lubricated Graphite Nut
• Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
• Fretboard Inlays:Black Pearl Inlays with 25th Anniversary Logo
• Truss Rod: Two-Way Truss Rod with twin Titanium Stabiliser bars
• Tuners: Gotoh 510 precision tuners
• Neck Pickup: DiMarzio Tone Zone DP155
• Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Virtual Hot PAF DP214
• Bridge: Tune-o-matic
• Tailpiece: Gotoh 510 Stop Tailpiece
• Volume Control: 2 x Volume Pots with push/pull coil split function
• Tone Control: 1 x Global Tone Control
• Pickup Selector: Three Position Toggle Switch
• Hardware Finish: Satin Antique Gold
• Setup: PRO-SCM setup
• Case: Bespoke Lag Hardcase Included
• Warranty: Five Years