Gretsch Limited Edition G5420TG Electromatic ’50s Hollow Body Single-Cut with Bigsby Orange Stain
• Arched Maple Top with Maple Back and Sides
• Aged White Body Binding with black/white/black Purfling
• “U” Shaped Maple neck with 12″ Radius,
• 22 Fret Rosewood Fretboard with Pearloid Hump Block Inlays
• Larger early-50s Colour Co-ordinated Headstock
• Black Top Filter’Tron™ Humbucking Pickups with Tortoise Inserts
• Master Volume Control with Treble Bleed Circuit
• Bigsby® Licensed B60G Tremelo Tailpiece
• Pinned Adjusto-Matic™ bridge
• Graph Tech® NuBone® nut
• Three-ply Tortoise Pickguard
• Gold hardware
• Vintage-style open-back tuning machines
• PRO-SCM Setup
The DNA of the Limited Edition G5420TG Electromatic ’50s Single Cut Hollow Body Electric Guitar with Bigsby is indisputable with its Orange Stain finish and Gold Hardware.
Anyone who has ever lusted after a Gretsch Hollow Body Electric Guitar has probably lusted after an orange G6120 with a Bigsby and with good reason. This iconic model has been played by greats such as Chet Atkins, Brian Setzer, Chris Cheney, Pete Townsend, Eddie Cochran, Mark Knopfler, Keith Scott, the Reverend Horton Heat and many more . . . Gretsch have taken the DNA of the 6120 and created the Limited Edition G5420TG.
The Limited Edition G5420TG evokes the cherished mid-‘50s period of Gretsch hollow body guitars with its enlarged body-colour-matching headstock, Hump Block fretboard inlays and pickguard-matching pickup inserts.
The arched Maple top features sound-post bracing and oversized F-holes for superb acoustic breadth, while the Maple neck and Rosewood fingerboard lets you fly through classic licks with ease.
Alive and resonant, the G5420TG Limited Edition Electromatic® Hollow Body Single-Cut with Bigsby® and Gold Hardware features a full hollow build with a true Filter’Tron™ voice that explodes with huge punch and clear, strong presence. Like all Electromatic guitars, it delivers the fearless and electrifying authenticity that has set Gretsch apart as the quintessential rock ‘n’ roll guitars from the very beginning.
Gretsch have fitted the G5420TG Limited Edition with twin Black Top Filter’Tron pickups that offer a thundering, versatile sonic palette that can take you through a catalog of classic jazz, blues and rock ‘n’ roll tones. Both pickups have pickguard matching tortoise inserts adding a further touch of class.
Authentic Gretsch guitar tones are at your fingertips with a flexible control layout consisting of master volume with treble bleed circuit, master tone, bridge and neck pickup volume controls and three-position pickup toggle switch. A Bigsby® B60 tailpiece completes the package.
A small number of these Limited Edition G5420TG Hollow Bodied electric guitars have finally arrived in Australia and they will sell out fast.
We are the NSW south coast’s longest established guitar specialist with a reputation built on customer care and industry-leading know how.
To ensure a premium playing experience, your brand new Limited Edition G5420TG Electromatic ’50s Single Cut Hollow Body Electric Guitar with Bigsby will be thoroughly checked over and undergo our PRO-SCM setup before dispatch.
Add the classic Orange Stain finish, early-’50s enlarged headstock, pearloid Hump Block inlays, tortoise pickguard with matching pickup inserts and gold hardware, plus other fine features including a secured Adjusto-Matic™ bridge, Graph Tech® NuBone® nut, G-arrow knobs and Bigsby® B60G tailpiece for a hollow body that serves up classic twang and thump like no other.
Gretsch G5420TG Limited Edition Electromatic® Specifications
• Model No: G5420TG
• SKU Code: 2506911512
• Series: Limited Edition
• Country of Manufacture: Korea
• Body Material: 5-Ply Laminated Maple
• Body Colour: Orange Stain
• Body Finish: Gloss
• Neck Material: Maple
• Neck Profile: Standard “U”
• Neck Finish: Gloss
• Fretboard Material: Rosewood
• Fretboard Radius: R12″ (R305 mm)
• Number of Frets: 22
• Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
• Fretboard Position Markers: Pearloid Hump Block Inlays
• Nut Material: Graph Tech® NuBone®
• Nut Width: 1.685″ (42.8 mm)
• Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Open-Back
• Scale Length: 24.6″ (625 mm)
• Bridge: Pinned Adjusto-Matic™
• Tailpiece: Bigsby®-Licensed B60G Vibrato Tailpiece
• Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoise with Gold Gretsch® Logo
• Bridge Pickup: Black Top Filter’Tron™ with Tortoise Inserts
• Neck Pickup: Black Top Filter’Tron™ with Tortoise Inserts
• Pickup Selection: Three Way Toggle Switch
• Volume Controls: Volume 1 Neck PU, Volume 2 Bridge PU, Master Volume,
• Tone Control: Master Tone
• Control Knobs: G-Arrow
• Hardware Colour: Gold
• Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049 Gauges
• Setup: PRO-SCM