GIBSON Les Paul Standard T Honey Burst
- Carved AAA Flame Maple top on modern weight relieved Mahogany body
- Burstbucker Pro humbuckers with Coil Split, Phase and Bypass Switching
- Thicker Rosewood Compound Radius Fingerboard
- Historic original 1-11/16″ neck width
- Premium Locking Grover tuners with Kidney buttons
- Traditional brown hard shell case
- Comprehensive hand-finished PRO-SCM setup
A New Standard for the 21st Century
The Standard T Series from Gibson USA represents an important benchmark in the evolution of this iconic guitar.
All of the legendary ingredients of the Les Paul are here as well as subtle but thoroughly modern improvements resulting in the most desirable and highly playable Les Paul Standard to date.
Acknowledging the past is important and those who appreciate old school looks and feel in their electric guitars should love this Gibson Les Paul Standard T with its glorious AAA grade carved Maple Top and Honey Burst Lacquer Finish. The Mahogany body features modern weight relief meaning that the back breaking days are over.
The traditional width Mahogany neck has been glued-in using a traditional mortise and tenon joint. Other Traditional features include the heel shape, the cut of the Graph Tech nut and a thick, dark one-piece Rosewood fingerboard with Trapezoid inlays.
The neck has a SlimTaper profile for speed while the fingerboard has a compound radius for easy chording down low and unbridled bending up high. The two Burstbucker Pro pickups deliver all of those classic PAF tones. The addition of coil splitting on the push-pull volume knobs along with Bypass and Phase switching on the push-pull tone knobs launch this guitar straight into now – offering an unprecedented level of versatility and tonal options.
Premium locking Grover tuners with an 18:01 ratio provide rock-solid stability along with a classic look.
Even the brown Gibson USA case has that vintage vibe.
Your brand new Gibson Les Paul Standard T also includes a premium PRO-SCM setup
Body and neck
The body of the Les Paul Standard T is crafted from the classic combination of a carved AAA-Grade figured maple top and mahogany back with modern weight relief to improve comfort and enhance resonance. The glued-in neck uses the classic neck heel shape and a thicker one-piece rosewood fingerboard with a hand-rubbed oil finish, a compound radius and traditional acrylic trapezoid inlays. The nut width is slightly narrower than models on previous years, marking a return to the historic original width that players prefer. Gibson uses a self lubricating Graphtech nut that helps strings return to pitch from heavy string bending while adding sustain.
Pickups and electronics
The Burstbucker Pro pickups are made with mismatched coils and Alnico magnets just like the hallowed original PAF humbuckers for added bite and clarity. The addition of wax potting combats microphonic squeal during high-gain playing. The pickups feature push-pull switching on each volume knob for coil splitting with bypass and phase switching controlled from the push-pull tone pots.
The hardware is all top shelf – Diecast Zemak Alloy Tune-o-matic bridge and Stopbar Tailpiece and Grover locking tuners. All combine to provide enhanced resonance and sustain along with easy adjustment and precise intonation.
The guitar comes protected in a brown form-fitting Gibson USA hard shell.
Gibson Les Paul Standard T Specifications:
- Manufacturer: Gibson
- Design: Les Paul
- Body: Mahogany, Modern weight relief
- Top: AAA Grade Flame Maple
- Binding: Single Ply, White
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Construction: Set-in Mortise and Tenon
- Neck Profile: Asymmetrical Slim Taper
- Thickness at 1st Fret: 20.3mm
- Thickness at 12th Fret: 22.2mm
- Fretboard: Rosewood Compound Radius
- Scale: 628mm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fretboard Inlays: Trapeze
- Nut type: Tektoid
- Nut width: 42.9mm
- Width at Last Fret: 57.4mm
- Pickup: HH
- Manufacturer pickups: Gibson
- Neck Pickup: Burstbucker Pro, Alnico V
- Bridge Pickup: Burstbucker Pro, Alnico V
- Coil-splitting: Yes
- Electronic: Coil Tap, Pure Bypass, Phase
- Switch: 3 Way
- Controls: 2 x Vol, 2x Tone (4x Push/Pull)
- Control Pot Functions:
- Lead Volume 500k Push/Pull “Coil-Tap”
- Rhythm Volume 500k Push/Pull “Coil-Tap
- Lead Tone 500k Push/Pull “Pure By-pass”
- Rhythm Tone 500k Push/Pull “Phase”
- Bridge: Diecast Zamak Alloy Tune-o-Matic
- Tailpiece: Diecast Zamak Alloy Stopbar
- Tuners: Grover Locking 18:01 ratio
- Strap Buttons: Standard Aluminium
- Hardware Finish: Chrome Plate
- String Gauge: .009″ – .046″
- Factory Tuning: Standard E
- Country of Origin: USA
- Finish: High-Gloss
- Colour: Honey Burst
- Case included: Yes