FENDER VINTAGE HOTROD ’60’s STRATOCASTER
3-SB THREE COLOUR SUNBURST IN HARD CASE
This is what dreams are made of…Fender’s Vintage Hot Rod ’60s Stratocaster deliver the consumate classic Strat tone, style and performance straight from the 1960s with subtle modifications that make this guitar more relevant than it ever has been. This then, is simply the Stratocaster, built with the utmost respect for its heritage and hot-rodded for today’s players.
Fender have pulled no punches with this baby…premium features include a hand selected alder body with a magnificent satin finished maple neck with a mid-’60s soft “C”-shaped profile, vintage-style heel-end truss rod adjustment and a compound-radius (7.25″-12″) rosewood fingerboard.
Other premium features include 21 6105 fret wires, oversize white pearloid dot inlays and a real bone nut to help nail that tone. The tone of your favourite licks and those to yet be inpired come courtesy of American Vintage single-coil ’59 Stratocaster (neck), ’65 gray-bottom Stratocaster (middle) and single-coil ’56 Stratocaster (bridge) pickups. In addition to five-way blade pickup switching, an S-1™ switch adds the bridge pickup to pickup switch positions 3, 4 and 5.
Other features include a four-ply brown shell pickguard, three aged white control knobs (master volume, tone 1, tone 2), two-point synchronized tremolo with vintage-style stamped steel saddles, Gotoh® locking tuners and locking strap buttons.
There is nothing standard about this tone machine and other upgraded features include a deluxe vintage-style black case, vintage-style 8′ cable, vintage-style black strap, extra tremolo springs and wrenches.
Of course, your Fender Hot Rod ’60s Stratocaster® has been thoroughly checked over and set up by John Kuts, our inhouse guitar tech.
Fender Vintage Hot Rod ’60s Stratocaster® specifications:
- Model Name: Vintage Hot Rod ’60s Stratocaster®
- Series: Vintage Hot Rod
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster® double cutaway offset body
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Mid ’60s “C”
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 21 x 6105 frets
- Fret Size: Narrow Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Oversized White Pearloid Dots
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage ’56 Strat® Single-Coil
- Middle Pickup: American Vintage ’65 Grey Bottom Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage ’59 Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume (with S-1™ Switch), Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
Position 3. Middle Pickup
Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Special Electronics: S-1™ Switch Adds Bridge Pickup Into Positions 3, 4 and 5
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Vintage-Style Stamped Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Locking
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Strings: Fender® USA, Nickel Plated Steel .010″-.046″ Gauge
- Unique Features: HR Serial Number Prefix, 4-Bolt with Engraved Vintage Hot Rod Crossed Checkered Flags Emblem, White Pearloid Side Dot Position Inlays, Single “Wing” String Tree, Vintage-Style Heel Truss Rod Adjustment, Locking Strap Buttons