FENDER JIMMY PAGE TELECASTER®
• Custom Graphic based on Jimmy Page’s Hand Painted Dragon design
• Two custom-wound Jimmy Page ’59 Tele® single-coil pickups
• Custom “Thin D”-shaped maple neck
• Rosewood Fingerboard
• Dual “top loader” bridge with threaded steel saddle
When the opening riff of “Good Times Bad Times” came through the radio in 1969, everything changed. In that moment Jimmy Page cemented his legacy and altered the course of popular music with a single guitar: his Fender Telecaster.
When he formed Led Zeppelin in 1968, the Dragon Telecaster became Page’s go-to instrument and he played it onstage and in the studio until 1969. The instrument was the main guitar used on Led Zeppelin and was later used to record the iconic solo for “Stairway to Heaven.”
The Fender Jimmy Page Telecaster pays homage to that guitar, which began life in its factory White Blonde lacquer finish, then became the “mirror guitar” before taking on its final form – a magical one-of-a-kind instrument, hand-painted by Page himself, that would go on to produce some of the most iconic riffs of the 20th Century.
The Jimmy Page Telecaster features a two-piece ash body with an artfully applied custom graphic based Jimmy Page’s original hand-painted design – colorful curls of green, orange, yellow, blue and red that snake around the guitar in a serpentine fashion. A pair of Fender Jimmy Page Custom Tele single-coil pickups deliver the incendiary, full-bodied tone that inspired the unforgettable licks on Led Zeppelin’s first album. The custom “Oval-C”-shaped maple neck has a 7.25”-radius slab rosewood fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets, giving it a smooth playing feel.
The “top-loader” bridge allows for through-body or top-load stringing, which produces a rounder, warmer tone and less tension so you can bend the strings with ease. Other features include a bone nut, vintage-style tuning machines and disc string tree for an authentic style and performance.
About his beloved Telecaster, this is how Jimmy described it in a 2014 interview: “I really made it my own, so it was like no other Telecaster, I felt that it was like a consecration. It’s quite a magical guitar.”
Now you can be a part of this magic too with your own Jimmy Page Telecaster – stock is extremely limited and this opportunity may not come again.
FENDER JIMMY PAGE TELECASTER SPECIFICATIONS
• Body Material: Ash
• Body Finish: Satin Lacquer with Custom Jimmy Page Dragon Graphic
• Neck Material: Maple
• Neck Finish: Road Worn Nitrocellulose Lacquer
• Neck Shape: Jimmy Page Custom “Oval C”
• Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
• Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
• Fingerboard Radius: 7.25″ (184.1 mm)
• Position Inlays: White Dots
• Number of Frets: 21
• Fret Size: Vintage
• Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
• Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
• Pickguard: Custom Refractive Material under Clear
• Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
• Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage Style Tele with Threaded Steel Saddles Top-Load or Strings-Through-Body
• Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage-Style
• Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
• Pickup Configuration: SS
• Bridge Pickup: Jimmy Page Custom Tele
• Neck Pickup: Jimmy Page Custom Tele
• Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
• Pickup Selector: 3-Position Blade Switch
• Pickup Switching: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
• Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
• Case/Gig Bag: Vintage-Style Hardshell
• Setup: PRO-SCM Setup
Buy with Confidence! southcoastmusic is an Authorised Australian FENDER Dealer!