FENDER AMERICAN PROFESSIONAL JAGUAR ELECTRIC GUITAR
• Candy Apple Red Finish
• Rosewood Fretboard
• Two Michael Frank-Braun designed single-coil V-Mod Jaguar pickups
• Jaguar bridge with brass Mustang saddles and vintage-style “floating” tremolo with screw-in arm
• New modern “Deep C”-shaped neck profile
• Bone nut; 22 narrow-tall frets for easier bending
• Treble bleed circuit maintains highs when reducing volume
• Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
HINDSIGHT IS 20/20 VISION
As the pinnacle of Fender’s guitar making technology when first released in 1962, the Jaguar’s eye catchingly adventurous exercise in chrome, plastic and wood polarised players the world over. The Fender Jaguar’s delightfully off-kilter aesthetics, unique sound and relative affordability made it an object of desire for new wave and underground artists.
No-one can dispute that the Jaguar is an amazing looking guitar but it’s quirks have always kept it out of the mainstream – until now.
The Fender American Professional Jaguar is the next stage of the solidbody electric guitar’s evolution.The result is a gorgeous retro-rocket with killer tone and modern playability.
Hindsight is 20/20 vision and Fender have taken a second look at the ubiquitous Jaguar, updating it with modern features and materials. The feel of the Rosewood capped Maple neck with it’s Deep “C” profile and shorter 24″ scale length and easy-playing narrow/tall frets is simply superb.
Stability was never a strong suit of the original Jaguar design. Consequently, Fender redesigned the American Professional’s bridge and tremolo and the results are what we had always hoped for – a stunning looking guitar with extreme stability to match.
FENDER AMERICAN PROFESSIONAL JAGUAR V-MOD PICKUPS
Designed by Fender Pickup Maestro, Michael Frank-Braun (who also created the legendary pickups for the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster), the two overwound V-Mod Jaguar pickups have been voiced specifically for this guitar and their position. They deliver tone, warmth and clarity that are sure to make the American Professional Jaguar another Fender classic. The redesigned pickup claw is constructed from nickel-silver for hotter output that easily pushes a tube amp into overdrive.
FENDER AMERICAN PROFESSIONAL JAGUAR NEW “DEEP C” NECK PROFILE
Designed for comfort and speed, the new American Professional “Deep C” neck profile sports more substantial shoulders. The increased mass and altered geometry creates a more natural feel that’s perfect for chord and single-note playing alike.
FENDER AMERICAN PROFESSIONAL JAGUAR NARROW-TALL FRETS
Narrow-tall frets are taller and narrower than their medium jumbo cousins, making them especially effective for bending notes and playing chords up the neck with perfect intonation.
FENDER AMERICAN PROFESSIONAL JAGUAR NEW BRIDGE
Engineered for ultra-stable performance, the American Professional Jaguar bridge features brass Mustang saddles and a screw-in arm. The new saddles keep the strings where they belong, even when the bridge is pummeled, while the new arm lets you dial-in the arm tension that’s perfect for you.
FENDER AMERICAN PROFESSIONAL JAGUAR TREBLE-BLEED CIRCUIT
The treble-bleed circuit maintains the high end when turning down the volume knob to reduce gain, letting your tone shine through, no matter where the instrument’s volume is set.
FENDER AMERICAN PROFESSIONAL JAGUAR BONE NUT
An original-era Fender design element, a bone nut contributes to superior tone and performance. Many players consider bone nuts to be more “organic” sounding, whatever the rationale, we simply feel that bone sounds better.
FENDER AMERICAN PROFESSIONAL JAGUAR SPECIFICATIONS
• Body Type: Solidbody
• Body Shape: Jaguar
• Orientation: Right-handed
• Number of Strings: 6
• Body Material: Alder
• Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
• Color: Candy Apple Red
• Neck Material: Maple
• Neck Shape: Modern Deep C
• Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
• Fingerboard Radius: R9.5″
• Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
• Fingerboard Position Markers: White Dot Inlays
• Number of Frets: 22
• Fret Type: Narrow Tall
• Scale Length: 24″
• Nut Width: 42.8mm (1.685)”
• Nut Material: Bone
• Truss Rod: Bi-Flex™
• Truss Rod Nut: 1/8″ American Series
• Bridge/Tailpiece: 9.5 inch Radius Jazzmaster®/Jaguar® Bridge with Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button
• Tremelo Arm: Screw-in Tremolo Arm
• Tuners: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
• Pickup Configuration: SS
• Neck Pickup: V-Mod Jaguar Single-coil
• Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Jaguar Single-coil
• Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
• Switching: 4-Position Blade
• Switch Settings: Position 1. Bridge PU, Position 2. Bridge & Neck PU’s (Parallel), Position 3. Neck PU, Position 4. Neck & Bridge PU’s ( Series)
• Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide-Switch for In/Out of Phase When Both Pickups are On
• Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
• Strings: Fender USA 250L, .009-.042″
• Case Included: Fender Elite Molded Case
• Manufacturer Part Number: 0114010709