Limited Edition Joe Bonamassa ES-355 Standard Electric Guitar
• Based on Bonamassa’s Gibson Custom Shop ES-355 Semi-Hollowbody Archtop
• Classic ES-355 profile with Ebony fretboard and gold hardware
• ProBucker Humbuckers with Mallory Capacitors
• Bigsby B7 Vibrato and Vibramate String Spoiler
• Custom Hard Case
• PRO-SCM setup
The Limited Edition Joe Bonamassa ES-355 Standard is Epiphone’s sixth Signature model with GRAMMY nominated blues legend and vintage collector Joe Bonamassa. Featuring the classic ES-355 semi-hollowbody archtop profile with an Ebony finish, gold hardware, ProBucker humbuckers, Mallory Capacitors, a Bigsby B7 Vibrato and Vibramate String Spoiler, Custom Hard Case, and Hand-Signed Certificate of Authenticity.
For nearly a decade, Epiphone and Joe Bonamassa have worked together to make stunning recreations of Joe’s favorite rare vintage guitars that anyone can afford. The new Limited Edition Joe Bonamassa ES-355 Standard is modeled after Joe’s ‘3 Kings Tour’ semi-hollowbody archtop that was originally honored by the Gibson Custom Shop.
‘I have always loved the look and sound of black 355 guitars,’ said Bonamassa. ‘Epiphone once again has masterfully re-created a guitar initially built for me by the Gibson Custom shop that I used on my Live at The Greek Theater DVD at a price point that is totally affordable for players and collectors of great ES guitars. Thank you once again it is an honor as always.’
The new Epiphone Limited Edition Joe Bonamassa ES-355 Standard has a 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple top and body with a beautiful Ebony finish adorned with multi-layer white & black binding on the top, back, and on the Sloped Dovewing headstock.
The Mahogany neck has 24.75 inch scale with a SlimTaper-D profile with 22 medium jumbo frets. The Ebony fingerboard has pearloid block inlays and a 1.68 inch Graphtech Nubone nut that is as hard as a traditional bone nut but longer lasting.
The headstock has the ‘Epiphone’ logo in Pearloid and the back of the headstock has a ‘Joe Bonamassa’ signature reproduced in gold silkprint along with a ‘2018’ Limited Edition logo. The tortoise shell-inspired pickguard has multi-layer binding and a metal ‘E’ logo.
Gold ProBucker Humbuckers
The Limited Edition Joe Bonamassa ES-355 Standard is powered by critically acclaimed ProBucker humbuckers with gold covers and Alnico II magnets, the same pickups Joe chose for his Limited Edition ‘Amos’ Korina Flying ‘V’ . The neck position has a ProBucker 2 and the bridge position has a ProBucker 3 that is slightly overwound to emulate the tone of 1950s-era hand wound ‘PAF style’ humbuckers.
Controls for each pickup’s Volume and Tone come with Black ‘Top Hat’ knobs with metal pointers and include world-class Mallory 150 Capacitors along with a Switchcraft 3-Way Pickup Selector with an Amber Toggle Cap.
Like all Epiphones, Joe Bonamassa’s Signature Limited Edition ES-355 features rock solid hardware including a gold ABR-1 LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and a Bigsby B7 Vibrato tailpiece with a Vibramate String Spoiler for quick string changes.
Tuning is fast and accurate with Grover Rotomatic machine heads with an 18:1 tuning ratio. A stylish vintage-inspired hard case is included with Bonamassa’s logo and Nerdville, CA in classic Army-style typeface along with a hand-signed Certificate of Authenticity.
Epiphone Limited Edition Joe Bonamassa ES-355 Standard Specifications
• Body Material: 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
• Top Material: 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
• Neck Material: Mahogany
• Headstock: Epiphone ‘Sloped Dove Wing’
• Headstock Inlays: Epiphone & Split Diamond logos in Pearloid
• Back of Headstock: Joe Bonamassa signature & 2018’ Limited Edition logo in Gold silkprint
• Truss Rod Cover: 2-Layer (Black/White) with ‘BONAMASSA’ in White Silkprint
• Body Top Binding: 7-Layer (Pure White/B/PW/B/PW/B/PW/B)
• Body Back Binding: 5-Layer (Pure White/B/PW/B/PW)
• Neck Binding: 1-Layer (Pure White)
• Headstock Binding: 5-Layer (Pure White/B/PW/B/PW)
• Neck Shape: D-Profile; SlimTaper
• Neck Joint: Glued-In, Set Neck
• Scale Length: 24.75 inches
• Fingerboard Material: Ebony
• Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid ‘Blocks’
• Fingerboard Radius: 12 inches
• Nut: Graphtech Nubone
• Nut Width: 1.68 inches
• Hardware: Gold
• Machine Heads: Grover Rotomatic 18:1 ratio
• Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-2; Gold Covered
• Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-3; Gold Covered
• Neck Pickup Controls: Volume & Tone
• Bridge Pickup Controls: Volume & Tone
• Tone Control Capacitors: Mallory 150 Capacitors (.022uF)
• Knobs: Black ‘Top Hat’ knobs with metal pointers
• Pickup Selector: Switchcraft 3-Way Pickup Selector with Amber Toggle Cap
• Bridge: ABR-1 LockTone Tune-o-matic
• Tailpiece: Bigsby B7 Vibrato
• Tailpiece Upgrade: Vibramate String Spoiler
• Pickguard: Tortoise Material 5-Layer Binding (Pure White/B/PW/B/PW)
• Case: Custom Hard Case
• Certification: Hand-Signed Certificate of Authenticity in Presentation Binder
• Setup: PRO-SCM setup
Buy with confidence, southcoastmusic is an authorised Five Star Gibson and Epiphone Dealer!