Epiphone ES335 Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar Vintage Sunburst finish
• Superb tribute to the classic Gibson ES335 semi-hollowbody electric guitar
• Laminated Maple top, back and sides for authentic warm and resonant semi-hollow sound
• Solid Maple centre block tames feedback while creating amazing sustain and tone
• Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers can deliver a wide range of vintage-vibed tones
• Comfortable rounded “C” neck profile is easy to play
• R12″ radius Indian Laurel fingerboard
• Vintage E335 single-ply body and fingerboard binding
• Original Gibson style Crown headstock inlay
• Authentic Dot fingerboard position markers
• Graph Tech NuBone nut and quality Epiphone Deluxe tuners
• Pro-SCM professional setup included (up to $200 value!)
Epiphone was already highly respected and experienced in making semi-hollowbody electric guitars by the time Gibson launched the ES335 in the late 1950s. The Riviera and Sheraton were two of Epiphone’s most popular semi-hollow models at the time and original examples can command eye-watering prices.
The Epiphone ES335 may be incredibly affordable but it’s still built with Epiphone’s 60-plus years of experience in creating fine semi-hollowbody guitars with incredible tone and amazing value.
This ES335 is Epiphone’s version of the historic ES-335 that has been wowing guitar players all over the world for more than six decades.
From its first appearance in 1958, the Gibson™ ES-335 set an unmatched standard that holds up to this day.
This Epiphone ES-335 is no exception and is simply a bargain for guitar players who want the classic sound of a semi-hollowbody ES-335 at an accessible price.
The craftsmanship of the Epiphone ES-335 is superb and authentic features include the laminated Maple top, back and sides coupled with a solid Maple tone block that controls feedback while creating the amazing sustain, warmth, and resonant tone that players crave in a semi-hollow instrument.
Epiphone’s Alnico Classic PRO™ Humbuckers deliver a wide range of PAF inspired vintage sounds while the rounded C neck profile is extremely comfortable and easy to play. The sound of the Epiphone ES335 can be heard in a wide variety of musical styles that include rock, blues, country, jazz and fusion. The bell-like articulation is here in spades with notes that spring to life, then gently decay into sweet sustain.
The warm and smooth overdriven tones that has made the original ES335 such a journeyman guitar is on tap with the Epiphone ES-335’s Alnico Classic PRO Humbucking pickups. Voiced for the perfect vintage tone, these pickups deliver the warmth, punch and bite you expect from a semi-hollowbody electric guitar.
The 60s style Kalamazoo headstock also includes the Crown inlay found on the original.
Pro-SCM Professional Setup
While the quality of this instrument shines through in spades, we like to think of our inhouse Pro-SCM setup as icing on the cake. Our skilled Guitar Technicians will check and adjust anything that requires attention. Our Pro-SCM setup includes:
• Check that the action meets factory specifications or better
• Check and rectify any buzzing, intonation or playability issues
• Check and adjust the nut and bridge string heights
• Hand roll the fret ends and polish the frets, oil the fretboard
• Test electronics, pots and switches for correct function
• Inspect instrument construction and condition of the strings
• Ensure mechanical devices work properly
• Tune to pitch
Epiphone ES-335 Specifications:
• Manufacturer Part Number: EIES335VSNH1
• Colour: Vintage Sunburst
• Body Finish: Gloss
• Number of Strings: 6
• Orientation: Right-handed
• Body Type: Semi-hollowbody with solid Maple centre block
• Body Shape: ES-335
• Body Material: Layered Maple
• Neck Material: Mahogany
• Neck Shape: Rounded C
• Fretboard Radius: R12″
• Fretboard Material: Indian Laurel
• Fretboard Position Markers: Mother-of-Pearl Dot inlays
• Number of Frets: 22
• Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
• Scale Length: 24.724″
• Nut Width: 1.693″
• Nut Material: Graph Tech NuBone
• Bridge: Epiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic Bridge
• Tailpiece: Epiphone LockTone Stop Bar Tailpiece
• Machine Heads: Epiphone Deluxe 3+3
• Neck Pickup: Alnico Classic PRO Humbucker
• Bridge Pickup: Alnico Classic PRO Humbucker
• Controls 2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
• Hardware Finish: Nickel
• Strings Gibson: .010-.046″
• Setup: Pro-SCM professional setup
• Case: Optional