DOD Carcosa Analog Fuzz Effects Guitar FX Pedal
No pedal has done more to accelerate rock music than the humble fuzz. The two-voiced DOD Carcosa Fuzz pedal provides a heaping spoonful of vintage and modern silicon colors in a single box. Dual modes and a healthy output stage suit the Carcosa to any amp/guitar combination. Run in front of a clipped amp for traditional chug and sputter, or switch modes into a high-headroom clean amp for thickened low-mids and heightened harmonics. Guitarists and bassists will both enjoy from the DOD Carcosa Fuzz pedals clean note separation.
DODs Tom Cram is a fuzz fanatic. His search for the many forgotten fuzzes of the 1970s led him to the Maestro Fuzz-Tone FZ-1S, whose bipolar personality provided the inspiration behind the DOD Carcosa Fuzz. Yet a simple silicon clone the Carcosa is not. Its powerful controls provide a fuzz experience unlike anything youve played before.
A broad range of fuzz tones from any amp
Two modes adapt the DOD Carcosa Fuzz to virtually any amp and player. Hali mode is built for the traditionalist. Pair with an already dirty amp and experience silken classic-rock leads and overdriven chord crunch to all-out fuzz mayhem. Demhe mode is designed for a high-headroom clean amp, enhancing low-mid punch and adding complex harmonics for a fuller voice even when natural amp clipping isnt present. Pair with a dirty amp at your own risk.
From fat to splat in seconds
Interactive Before (gain) and After (bias) controls provide an impressive range of fuzz tones from the Carcosa Fuzz — from mid-gain crunch to robotic leads and all shades of AM glory. Start with both controls in the middle for a traditional fuzz tone, then raise the gain and peel back the bias and watch your notes melt into a puddle before you. Trust us — if you like to get tweaky with your pedals, the DOD Carcosa Fuzz is for you.
Great for stacking
Adventurous pedalists will enjoy the Carcosa Fuzzs stacking potential. Adjustable output, Hi-Cut (lowpass filter), and bias controls make it easy to pair with other drives, fuzzes, and FX.
- Vintage and modern silicon flavors in a single box
- Inspired by the dual-voiced Maestro FZ-1S of the 70s
- Superior chord definition when you need it — great for bass lines and leads
- High-gain tones are pure stoner-rock nirvana
- Serves up doom and gloom in buckets
- Hali mode (traditional) enhances overdriven tones for mid-gain crunch to sputtery leads
- Demhe mode (high gain) pulls great fuzz tones and enhanced thickness out of clean amps
- Tunable Hi-Cut is useful for pairing with all ranges of guitars, amps, and pedals
- Highly stackable — run the Carcosa into other drives, fuzzes, and FX for all-new textures
- Interactive Before (gain) and After (bias) controls adjust grit and definition
- Striking King of Yellow graphics
- Requires a 9V, center-negative AC adapter (not included)
- Pedal Type: Fuzz
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4″
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4″
- True Bypass: Yes
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply required (sold separately)