GLIGA II 16″ VIOLA OUTFIT
- Hand Made in the Romanian Workshop of Vasile Gliga
- Hand Rubbed Antique Oil finish
- Pirastro Tonica strings
- TG Hill Style Oblong Case with Hygrometer
- Articul Carbonfibre Horsehair Bow
- Professionally Setup
Vasile Gliga founded his Violin and Orchestral Stringed Instrument manufacturing company in Romania in 1991 and in 2016, Gliga celebrated its 25th anniversary. Gliga is not only one of the most successful family owned businesses in Romania, it is one of the most respected manufacturers of Orchestral String Instruments in the world today.
When Gliga began in 1991, every instrument was either built by Vasile Gliga or his wife Elena who had trained as Luthiers in the Romanian Government’s Instrument Factory in Reghin. During those fledgling days it took around 300 hours to handcraft each Violin which meant that only two instruments could be produced every month – a stark contrast to today’s output where 3,000 or more Orchestral String Instruments are built by Gliga’s Craftsmen every month!
Today Gliga is still committed to hand crafting superb Violins, Violas, Cellos and Double Basses at affordable prices. As such, there are instruments available for players at different stages of their careers from beginners to advanced players and right through to professionals.
Every Gliga Instrument that we sell is checked and professionally setup with quality strings and bridges to ensure the optimum playing experience for you or your child.
GLIGA II 16″ VIOLA OUTFIT
- Top Material: Hand Carved Solid Carpathian Spruce
- Back, Neck & Side Materials: Solid Carpathian Maple
- Maple Grade: Lightly flamed
- Pattern: Stradivari
- Purfling: Inlaid
- Pegs: Ebony Swiss Style
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Tailpiece: Wittner Ultralight with inbuilt adjusters
- String Adjusters: Yes – inbuilt into Tailpiece
- Chin Rest: Ebony Teka style
- Bridge: Aged Maple
- Varnish: Hand rubbed Oil – Antique finish
- Outfit: TG Hill style Oblong lightweight case with Hygrometer
- Bow: Articul Carbon Fibre Horsehair Bow with Ebony Frog
- Country of Origin: Romania
- Setup: Professionally Setup
- Strings: Pirastro Tonica
GLIGA II 16″ VIOLA
The Gliga II 16″ Viola is a perfect choice for the intermediate level player or someone returning to the instrument. Handmade in the Romanian workshops of Vasile Gliga, this superb hand crafted viola represents exceptional value for money.
The Gliga II is constructed from the following materials:
- Solid Carpathian Resonance Spruce is used for the top plate of the instrument, the bass bar, the blocks, the corner-blocks, the linings and the sound post.
- Solid Carpathian Flamed Mountain Maple is used for the back plate of the instruments, the neck, the scroll, the peg box, the ribs and the bridge.
- Ebony is used for the accessories: fingerboard, pegs, top nut, purfling, chinrest, tailpiece, the saddle and the end pin.
Your brand new Gliga II viola has been thoroughly checked and professionally setup with Pirastro Tonica Strings. Tonicas are very popular strings with a soft, gentle touch and fast response, allowing the strings to speak easily even at the lowest bow pressure. The setup includes shaping and positioning the bridge, cutting the nut slots to the correct depth for optimum playing comfort, correct positioning of the sound post and tailpiece as well as fitting the pegs to the peg box. This setup is worth at least $200 alone!
SELECT THE CORRECT SIZE VIOLA
To determine the appropriate instrument size for violins and viola, measure the arm length from neck to left wrist when the person’s left arm is fully extended. Cello and Bass selection can be determined by the person’s height.
See below for the relevant instrument sizing chart/method to find out which size is suitable for you or your child.