Epiphone Electar Century 1939 Lap Steel Guitar Black Gloss finish with Gig Bag
• Tribute to Herb Sunshine’s original Epiphone lap steel guitar
• One piece mahogany body delivers a warm and cutting sound
• Powerful tone from the Epiphone 500B “Blade” humbucker
• Plexiglass fretboard with traditional art-deco motifs
• Vintage “Circus Tent” control knobs
• Retro metal Epiphone headstock badge
• Fitted Gig bag included
The Electar Century Lap Steel was originally designed by Herb Sunshine in 1939. Herb was an Epiphone instrument salesmen and when he wasn’t selling them, he was inventing and helping to develop new ones. Herb not only had a profound effect on the sales of Epiphone , he actually came up with the Electar name. The Stathopolou family were suitably impressed and applied the Electar name to their entire line of electric instruments and amplifiers.
The Electar Century Lap Steel was one of Epiphone’s first solidbody electric guitars, predating their traditional solidbody electrics by more than 20 years and southcoastmusic is both humbled and incredibly proud to offer you this historically important instrument.
For the Electar Inspired by “1939” Century Lap Steel guitar, Epiphone plumbed the depths of their archives and as a result this magnificent instrument recalls the actual construction and aesthetics of Epiphone’s original lap steels.
The one piece Mahogany neck and body is a formula still employed today – and not just by Epiphone. The reason is clear, with an amplified tone abounding with sustain and warmth. The volume and tone controls hark back to the original with their retro “Circus Tent” design knobs. The plexiglass fretboard features a wonderful “1939” Art Deco replica inlay design. The metal Epiphone badge on the guitar’s headstock completes the vintage look.
Epiphone earned their reputation with a sharp focus on quality and innovation. While the Electar Inspired by “1939” Century Lap Steel captures the vintage vibe perfectly with its retro aesthetic, it is every inch a modern lap steel guitarists dream machine.
The Epiphone 500B Blade humbucker delivers incredible tone and will shine in any setting from Hawaiian to country, blues and beyond. The lap steel will stay securely on your knees thanks to the rubber non-slip pad set into the back of the instrument’s body and neck.
Transportation is also safe and easy with the included gig bag.
The Epiphone 1939 Electar Century Lap Steel specifications:
• Design: Electric Lap Steel
• Neck/Body Material: Solid Mahogany
• Colour/Finish: Black Gloss
• Neck Shape: Square
• Scale Length: 571mm
• Fingerboard Material: Plexiglass
• Fingerboard Design: Traditional “1939” Art Deco Replica
• Number of frets: 28
• Number of strings: 6
• Pickup: Epiphone 500B “Blade” Humbucker
• Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
• Knobs: Epiphone “Circus Tent” style
• Saddle and Nut width: 63.5mm (2.5″)
• Bridge/Tailpiece: Aluminium with Nickel-Plated Steel Cover
• Nut: Aluminium, Raised
• Back: Inset Non-Slip Pad on Body and Neck
• Hardware Finish: Nickel
• Machine Heads: Wilkinson™ “Deluxe” 3-In-Line with Ivoroid Buttons
• Case: Deluxe Gigbag