Million-Selling High-Gain Monster
Introduced way back in 1991, the iconic MT-2 Metal Zone remains the king of high-gain distortion stomps for guitarists around the world, with over one million sold and counting. Its thick, saturated sound is perfectly suited for metal styles and is also great for playing heavy rhythms and soaring solos in other genres. With incredibly wide tone-shaping range and ultra-smooth sustain, the multifaceted MT-2 brings an array of rich distortion voices to any musical setting.
Step into the Metal Zone
The MT-2 is BOSS’s second most popular drive pedal ever, after the DS-1 Distortion. A key to its enduring success is the ability to achieve dense, heavy crunch and singing sustain at any volume, providing an instantly inspiring experience for players at every skill level. And thanks to its smooth character and active EQ with semi-parametric midrange, the MT-2 works well with all types of guitar amplifiers, including clean “pedal platform” amps.
Innovative Dual-Stage Gain Circuit
Under the hood, the MT-2 employs an innovative analog circuit design to realize its rich, heavy voice. Two gain stages are configured in series, with the first stage providing mid-focused clarity that feeds the second stage’s more aggressive character. Carefully tuned pre- and post-distortion filtering (seven total stages) ensures that the tone is tight and well-defined at every setting, with no mud or flub whatsoever.
The MT-2’s advanced tone shaping goes far beyond the capabilities of most analog drive pedals, letting you dial in everything from chugging, mid-scooped rhythm mayhem to bold, cutting sounds that poke through the densest mixes. Post-distortion Low, Middle, and High knobs offer +15 dB cut or boost to perfectly match your guitar and amp type or craft entirely new tones. The midrange is the heart of every guitar’s voice, and the MT-2 provides a variable control to set the frequency in this critical band anywhere from 200 Hz to 5 kHz.
• Iconic high-gain distortion pedal
• Innovative dual-stage gain circuit produces thick and tight distortion sounds with smooth, singing sustain
• Three-band active EQ with semi-parametric midrange provides intense sound customization with up to • 15 dB boost/cut on each band
• Easy to achieve massive, satisfying sounds at any volume level
• BOSS five-year warranty
• Nominal Input Level-20 dBu Input Impedance1 M ohm Nominal Output Level-20 dBu Output Impedance1 k ohm Recommended Load Impedance10 k ohms or greater Bypass Buffered bypass Controls DIST knob
• EQUALIZER MIDDLE/MID FREQ knob
• EQUALIZER HIGH/LOW knob
• LEVEL knob
• Pedal switch Indicator CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
• Connectors: INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
• OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
• DC IN jack Power Supply Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22) or Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
• AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)Current Draw30mA Expected battery life under continuous use Carbon: Approx. 12.5 hours
• Alkaline: Approx. 23.5 hours
*These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.Accessories Owner’s manual