JS Series Concert Bass™ Minion JS1XM, Maple Fingerboard, Snow White finish Pro-SCM setup
• Lightweight solid Poplar Body is resonant and toneful.
• Short scale one-piece maple neck and fretboard make for an easy playing bass
• Classic PJ Pickup configuration provides a wide variety of tones
• Graphite neck reinforcement ensures neck stability
• Jackson sealed machine heads ensure tuning reliability
• Pro-SCM professional setup
The Jackson JS Concert Bass Minion SD1XM packs tons of low-end punch into a small package. This sleek, short-scale bass may look as though it was designed with kids in mind and they are perfect for them.
From aspiring kids just starting out on bass to seasoned low-end players looking for a fun, affordable and easy-traveling instrument, the Jackson® JS Series Concert™ Bass Minion JS1XM packs thunderous tone and plenty of slick features.
The Jackson JS Minion bass is a great Travel Bass and will fit a variety of cases and gig bags. Guitarists wanting to lay down some bass tracks find it an easy transition and for anyone with smaller sized hands, playing a JS Minion Bass is the nearest they’ll get to experiencing what a full size bass feels like in the giant hands of the planet’s best bass players.
Offering a shortened 28.6″ scale length, the Concert Bass Minion JS1XM has a poplar body, bolt-on maple neck with graphite-reinforcement rods, tilt-back headstock for reducing playing fatigue and a 12” radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and black sharkfin inlays.
The shorter scale length is no slouch when it comes to tone either.
The one piece Maple neck with its Maple fretboard feels smooth and comfy.
The Jackson JS Concert Bass Minion SD1XM punches well above its weight delivering powerful tone from a small package.
The Classic P/J pickup configuration
The PJ (Precision and Jazz Bass) pickup configuration is arguably the most popular on the planet and with good reason. Each pickup has its own volume control and the master tone control is there should you want to dial in some “warm and woody”.
Plenty of balanced, deep tone radiates from the Jackson Precision Bass style neck pickup, while the Jackson Jazz bass style bridge pickup works double-time by eliminating hum and delivering punchy tone note after note. Dial-in your sound with a pair of volume knobs and a single tone knob, and enjoy greater note sustain from the hardtail bridge with black base plate.
Offering unbridled versatility and a wide range of tonal possibilities, whether in the studio or onstage, you can choose the best of both pickups to dial in your perfect sound. From the punchy clarity of the J-style bass to the deep presence of the P-Style pickups, you’ll have all basses covered here.
Pro-SCM Professional Setup
While the quality of this instrument shines through in spades, we like to think of our inhouse Pro-SCM setup as icing on the cake. Our skilled Technicians will check and adjust anything that requires attention. Our Pro-SCM setup includes:
• Check that the action meets factory specifications
• Check and rectify any buzzing, intonation or playability issues
• Check and adjust the nut and bridge string heights
• Hand roll the fret ends and polish the frets and fretboard
• Test electronics, pots and switches for correct function
• Inspect instrument construction and condition of the strings
• Ensure mechanical devices work properly including tuners
• Tune to pitch
Depending on the work required, you could pay up to $200 for this service. It’s included in our price.
Jackson JS Concert Bass Minion JS1XM Electric Bass Specifications:
• Series: JS
• SKU: 2915557576
• Body Shape: Concert™ Bass
• Body Material: Poplar
• Body Colour: Snow White
• Body Finish: Satin
• Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
• Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
• Neck Finish: Satin
• Fingerboard: Maple
• Fingerboard Radius: R12” (305 mm)
• Number of Frets: 22
• Fret Size: Jumbo
• Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
• Nut Material: Black Plastic
• Nut Width: 1.5” (38.1 mm)
• Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 4-In-line
• Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
• Scale Length: 28.6” (726 mm)
• Bridge: Hardtail Bridge with Black Base Plate
• Pickups: Jackson® J Style Pickup (Bridge),
• Jackson® P Style Pickup (Neck)
• Controls: Volume 1. (Bridge Pickup), Volume 2. (Neck Pickup), Tone
• Control Knobs: Dome Style
• Hardware Finish: Black
• Strings: NPS, .045-.105″
• Setup: PRO-SCM professional setup