TransTube ELECTRIC GUITAR COMBO AMPLIFIER
At the 1995 NAMM show thousands of players, media and dealers crammed into a small demo room inside the Peavey exhibit, one after another, where our engineers set up a blind A/B comparison between their new invention and a real tube amp. No one could tell the difference between the two. Some “golden ears” even thought the TransTube Bandit was the real tube amp. But How?
In devising the TransTube Circuitry, Peavey’s engineers studied every aspect of how a tube amp works and in the process learned that recreating tube tone isn’t merely a question of gain structure.
It’s about the entire component chain and how each one interacts with the others. It’s about damping factor and the corresponding speaker response. It’s about power amp compression.
How the amp breaks up when driven hard, harmonic structure and non-linear gain stages. It’s about cabinet size, bracing, wood and thickness.
But most importantly, it’s about what it’s not.
Peavey concentrated on emulating the tone characteristics that we all recognize and love about tubes and they simply 86’d the rest. It’s a deceptively simple concept, but it took three U.S. Patents to map the entire process for the history books.
Make the trip to southcoastmusic and discover the TransTube difference for yourself. No marketing hype needed. You won’t believe your ears!
• 80 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms – with internal speaker
• 100 Watts RMS into 4 Ohms – with external speaker
• 12″ Blue Marvel® speaker
• High and Low Gain inputs
• TransTube tube emulation circuitry
• Footswitchable Clean and Lead channels (Footswitch optional)
• 3 band passive EQ on each channel
• 3 position EQ/Gain Voicing switch on each channel
• Reverb with level control
• Footswitchable Boost with level control (Footswitch optional)
• 6.3mm (¼”) TRS stereo Speaker Simulated Direct Out jack with level control
• Weight Unpacked: 40.00 lb (18.144 kg)
• Weight Packed: 48.00 lb (21.772 kg)
• Width Packed: 15.75″ (40.005 cm)
• Height Packed: 28.37″ (72.0598 cm)
• Depth Packed: 23.87″ (60.6298 cm)
• One Year Warranty