NOVATION LAUNCHKEY 49 MK3
• Designed for Ableton Live – Immediate access to all the controls you need
• Create and play with feeling and dynamic realism
• Velocity-sensitive keyboard and 16 velocity-sensitive pads enable expressive and dynamic performance
• Get creative with chords – Three chord modes (fixed, scale, and user) let you trigger chords with one finger
• Never hit a wrong note – Scale modes transpose keys and pads to notes in the selected scale
• Capture MIDI – One-touch access to Ableton Live’s Capture MIDI feature means you’ll never lose an idea
• Get melodies moving – Powerful arpeggiator takes you to new melodic, harmonic, and rhythmic places
• Control anything MIDI – 5-pin MIDI output works with any MIDI-compatible device
• Easy-to-read screen – 16×2 character screen lets you easily see the state of what you’re controlling or selecting
• Make music immediately with Free software to let you start creating straight away
• Includes Ableton Live 10 Lite, virtual instruments, plugins and sample packs
• Shape your sound – Tweak instruments and effects to perfection using eight rotary encoders and nine 1.8″ faders
• Make Launchkey your own – Four Custom Modes
• Create unique control setups for any performance or studio rig, using Novation Components
The Launchkey 49 MK3 is the latest version of the renowned Launchkey range of controller keyboards. The Launchkey 49 MK3 is an intuitive and fully integrated 49-key USB MIDI keyboard controller optimised for portability and tight integration with Ableton Live.
Important upgrades include a dedicated button for activating the Capture MIDI function, plus track arm, quantize, click and loop controls. The 16 improved velocity-sensitive, multicoloured, backlit trigger pads provide greater control over dynamics and can be used to launch loops, samples and more.
The eight knobs and nine faders enable access to mixer functions and instrument/effect parameters.
The USB-powered controller is compatible with a variety of DAWs and apps on Mac/Windows computers and iOS devices (adapter cables available separately).
The Launchkey 49 MK3 offers expanded functionality and connectivity not found on the MK2. Pitch and modulation wheels, a flexible arpeggiator, single-finger chord triggering and transport buttons let you spend more time creating on the controller and less time fiddling with your software.
Eight Scale modes allow for deep exploration into new musical territory, by transposing keys played to notes in the scale selected. Simply choose your root note and your preferred scale, then play.
Three Chord modes transform the keys and pads into an interactive surface of musical exploration, where every note played is tonally and harmonically linked.
The arpeggiator lets you explore new melodies and find ideas quickly, while the mutate function reconstructs your patterns into exciting new forms.
Custom Modes simplify the relationship between controller and software. Programmable using the Novation Components browser-based tool, Custom Modes let you design the behavior of your Launchkey, with control over control assignments, MIDI routing, pad color and much more. The Launchkey 49 MK3 features a full-sized 5-pin MIDI DIN output allowing you to control hardware synthesizers, drum machines or sound modules.
Launchkey also has full integration with Logic and Reason, plus out of the box functionality with other DAWs, including Studio One, Cubase, and Pro Tools, via HUI. The included software bundle provides sounds, instruments and effects to get you started and keep you inspired.
• Volume, pan, sends A/B through knobs
• Record and play
• Assign custom mapping to knobs and pads
• Track navigation
• Device control
• Capture MIDI
• Clip launch
• Clip stop
• Scene launch
• Scene navigation
• Track solo/mute
• Scripts for Ableton, Logic, and Reason (device control for Ableton, Logic, and Reason)
• HUI support for other DAWs such as Pro Tools, Reaper, and Studio One
• Control volume, pan, sends, record, play, preset, and assignable custom mapping
• Creative arpeggiator with Mutate and Deviate Rhythm options
• Multiple modes such as up, down, up/down, played, random, chord, and mutate
• Various rates including 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, and all associated triplets
• 1/2/3/4 octave modes
• O, OXO, OXXO, random, and deviate rhythms
• On/off latch
• Tempo, swing, and gate via knobs when pressing the Arp button
• Mutate mode allows access to all mutate possibilities through the knob while pressing the Arp button
• Deviate Rhythm allows access to all deviations of the rhythm through the knob while pressing the Arp button
• Three symbols at the left side reserved for future arpeggiator updates
• Includes Ableton Live Lite and works with Logic, Reason, or any HUI-compatible DAW
• Includes a powerful software bundle with sounds, instruments, and effects
• Serato Sample LE
• Spitfire Audio LABS Expressive Strings
• XLN Audio Addictive Keys
• Klevgrand Røverb and DAW Cassette
• AAS Session Bundle
• Two-month Splice Sounds membership
• Includes access to Sound Collective for new free content every few months