- LIMITED EDITION 70th ANNIVERSARY ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC GUITAR
- MATON 70TH-DN-C
- DREADNOUGHT with CUTAWAY
- NATURAL GLOSS TOP with SATIN BACK and SIDES
- RRP $3499
Solid Australian Timbers, Superb Australian Craftsmanship, World Class Tone. Hand crafted in Australia for the World stage and in every sense – a superb musical instrument.
The Limited Edition Maton 70th Anniversary Series was a wonderful celebration of the accumulated experience and guitar wisdom made possible by 70 years of continuous guitar building in Australia.
This is the Maton 70th Anniversary Series Acoustic Electric Dreadnought Guitar – the 70TH-DN-C.
Maton’s senior luthiers sought to create really something special when they put their collective heads together to create a guitar worthy of this significant landmark.
In a first for Maton the 70TH-DN-C features a gloss soundboard and satin back and sides. The tonal result of this combination is the full, natural tone associated with Maton’s satin finish and a sophisticated top end usually associated with full gloss models like the Messiah.
The back, sides and neck are hewn from select Victorian Blackwood with elegant Rosewood binding while the bridge and fingerboard are made from Indian Rosewood.
The crowning glory of this beautiful musical instrument is the AAA Grade Solid Sitka Spruce Soundboard with hand scalloped bracing. The Dreadnought body also features a soft Venetian cutaway aiding access to the upper reaches of the Rosewood fretboard.
The Maton 70TH-DN-C Dreadnought Guitar features gold Grover machine heads, a tortoise shell pick guard and Maton’s superb AP5-Pro pickup system.
This is a beautifully elegant guitar, full of guitar building sophistication and tradition . . . after all, it has been 70 years in the making!
MATON 70TH-DN-C 70th ANNIVERSARY EDITION DREADNOUGHT SPECIFICATIONS
• Model: The Limited Edition 70th Anniversary Edition Dreadnought
• Body Shape: Dreadnought
• Cutaway: Yes
• Top Material: AAA Grade Sitka Spruce
• Back and Sides Material: Solid Victorian Blackwood with Rosewood and Rock Maple Pinstripe Zipper
• Neck Material: Victorian Blackwood
• Fingerboard & Bridge Material: Indian Rosewood
• Bracing: Hand scalloped Maton X bracing
• Soundhole Inlay/Rosette: Rosewood Ring
• Soundhole Diameter: 100mm
• Inner Binding: Herringbone
• Outer Binding: Herringbone
• Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5″)
• Headstock Veneer: Rosewood Veneer, Maple Pinstripe
• Headstock Style: Keyhole
• Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
• Number of Frets: 21
• Fingerboard Radius: R304.8mm (R12″)
• Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736″)
• Fretboard Width at 14th Fret: 55mm (2.165″)
• Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Genuine Pearl Dots
• Back & Sides Finish: Natural Satin
• Top Finish: UV Catalysed Gloss Face and Headstock,
• Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
• Machine Heads: Gold Grover Rotomatic
• Pickguard: Tortoiseshell with Gold M
• End Pin/Strap: Gold
• Nut & Saddle: Bone
• Case: Hiscox-UK Flightcase
• Pickup: AP5-Pro
• Setup: PRO-SCM
• Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53
This is a gorgeous example of the magnificent Maton 70th Anniversary series Dreadnought. Our guitar is a brand new, unplayed, pristine example and represents a wonderful opportunity to both invest in Australia’s guitar making history and own an affordable world class hand crafted acoustic/electric guitar. We also offer you the choice of receiving this highly collectable guitar as it left the factory or – at no extra cost we will provide our internationally renowned PRO-SCM setup. You guitar will have each fret crowned and the ends hand rolled to provide a sublime playing surface that is without peer. The frets will also be hand polished, the fretboard oiled and the action adjusted – up or down. Please email our friendly online team to discuss your preferences.