Epiphone Sheraton II PRO Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar
ARCHTOP EXCELLENCE FROM THE MASTERS
• Critically acclaimed ProBuckerTM Humbuckers with coil-splitting
• Traditional Mother of Pearl and Abalone Inlay
• Graphtech® NuBone XL and Grover® Rotomatic Tuners
• Midnight Sapphire Finish
• PRO-SCM setup
John Lee Hooker once described the original Sheraton as an “outdid 335” for its classic double cutaway shape, striking fingerboard inlay and elegant ivory and black binding.
The new Sheraton-II PRO takes that up a notch and honours Epiphone’s most revered thin line archtop semi-hollowbody electric guitar with ProBucker pickups, coil-tapping and a Graphtech NuBone XL nut. We raise the bar even higher with our comprehensive PRO-SCM setup.
Originally released in 1959, the inspiration for the “thin-line” has its roots in Les Paul’s first solidbody guitar, “The Log,” built by Les in Epiphone’s Manhattan factory in 1940.
The semi-hollow ES Series features a solid Maple centre block making it more resistant to feedback than a completely hollow guitar.
The Sheraton-II PRO has a hand-set 5-piece laminated hard Maple/Walnut 24.75″ scale neck with a beautiful 22 fret Pau Ferro fingerboard set with Mother of Pearl and Abalone Block and Triangle inlays
The Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO also features the new Graph Tech NuBone XL nut. Graph Tech engineer each NuBone XL nut to be as hard as bone to last a lifetime without chipping or cracking while delivering consistent tone and string balance as well as precise string spacing.
EPIPHONE ProBUCKER HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
The Sheraton II-PRO 0features Epiphone’s critically acclaimed ProBucker humbuckers. The first humbuckers (often called PAF or “Patent Applied For” for the tell-tale sticker found on the back of the pickups) were made at the Epiphone/Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan in the late ’50s and have acquired a mythical status among guitar players.
Epiphone ProBucker pickups are made with the same alloy as the originals – 18% nickel-silver unit bases and covers – along with Sand cast Alnico II magnets and high quality 4-conductor lead wire to provide that elusive PAF tone. Each ProBucker pickup is also vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonic hum and squeal.
The Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO has a ProBucker-2 in the neck position and a slightly hotter ProBucker-3 in the lead position. Both pickups also have coil-tapping via their individual volume controls. Coil-tapping allows a player to turn a humbucker pickup into a single coil pickup for endless tonal combinations. Each ProBucker pickup’ volume and tone control use 500K Ohm potentiometers along with a 3-way pickup selector with an ivory-colored toggle cap.
EPIPHONE GOLD HARDWARE
The Sheraton II-PRO features gold finished hardware including a LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and StopBar tailpiece combo. Tuning is taken care of with genuine 18:1 Grover Rotomatic machine heads.
Our PRO-SCM setup ensures the ultimate playing experience with a Custom Shop quality setup by our experienced Technicians.
EPIPHONE SHERATON II PRO FEATURES:
• Body Shape: Double cutaway
• Body Type: Semi-hollow chambered body
• Orientation: Right handed
• Body Material: Maple
• Top Material: Maple
• Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
• Top Binding: 5-Ply Ivory/Black
• Back Binding: Single-Ply Ivory
• F Holes Binding: Single-Ply Ivory/Black
• Neck Material: 5 Piece Laminated Hard Maple/Walnut
• Neck Shape: 1960’s SlimTaper™
• Neck Joint: Glued-In Set Neck
• Neck Finish: Gloss Lacquer
• Neck Binding: 5-Ply Ivory/Black
• Headstock Inlay: Mother of Pearl Vine Inlay
• Headstock Binding: 5-Ply Ivory/Black
• Scale Length: 24.75″
• Fretboard Radius: 12″
• Fret Size: Medium jumbo
• Number of Frets: 22
• Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
• Fingerboard Position Markers: Mother of Pearl and Abalone Block and Triangle inlays
• Truss Rod: Standard
• Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply Black/White with Vintage “E” in White
• Nut width: 1.687″ (42.8mm)
• Nut Material: Graphtech® NuBone XL
• Neck Pickup: ProBucker 2
• Bridge Pickup: ProBucker 3
• Special Electronics: Volume controls with coil tap
• Control layout: Volume 1, Volume 2, Tone 1, Tone 2
• Pickup switch: 3-way Toggle
• Bridge: Epiphone LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
• Tailpiece: Epiphone LockTone™ Stop Bar
• Pickguard: Bound “Tortoise” Pickguard with Metal “E”
• Control Knobs: Top Hats with metal inserts
• Tuning Machines: Grover Rotomatic 18:1
• Hardware Finish: Gold
• Strings: D’Addario® 10-46 gauge
• Typical: Weight 8.7 lbs
• Hard Case: Optional
• Setup: PRO-SCM Setup