Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX Electric Guitar – Black Cherry
• Gibson USA Humbuckers with Coil Splitting
• Gorgeous Quilt Maple top
• Graphite nut 24 Frets
• Grover™ machine heads
When the Prophecy Series was first introduced in 2008, the groundbreaking combination of tradition and innovation made it the ultimate guitar for shredders who sought to redefine what a Les Paul was supposed sound and play like.
The Prophecy Returns
This Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX Outfit is the supreme Les Paul for those who dare to break new ground in speed, sound and technique. For those serious about their tone, this beauty features Gibson USA’s powerful 490R/498T humbucker combination. Complete with push/pull coil-splitting for each pickup gives you the sonic versatility of an American Gibson Les Paul with the playability of an ultra-modern 24 fret single cut guitar.
Other premium appointments include a stunning quilt Maple top, elegant pearloid and abalone block & triangle inlays along with individual volume and tone controls in the traditional Les Paul layout.
The New Tradition
The Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX electric guitar features a Mahogany body with a stunning Quilt Maple top in a beautiful Black Cherry finish. The super fast 24.75” scale length Mahogany neck has a SpeedTaper™ D-profile with a satin finish.
The elegant Rosewood fingerboard has 24 jumbo frets, a 14” radius, a standard 1.68” graphite nut and beautiful pearloid and abalone block & triangle inlays.
The classic Epiphone Clipped Dovewing headstock has 5-ply white and black binding with a mother of pearl “stickpin” alogo inlayed into the headstock face and Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX on the bell-shaped truss rod cover.
Groundbreaking Les Paul Sound
The new Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX features a Gibson USA 490R humbucker in the neck position and a Gibson USA 498T in the bridge position. The 490R features an Alnico II bar magnet and the 498T carries an Alnico-V bar magnet. These pickups have the traditional characteristics of the original “Patent Applied for” tone that’s unmistakably from Gibson’s legendary family of humbucker pickups but with a modern edge to give your tone a distinct personality. Best of all, each pickup features coil tapping via a push/pull control at each pickup’s volume knob. And now for the first time, the Prophecy GX features individual volume and tone controls for each pickup.
Epiphone Hardware Built to Last
Epiphone hardware has a reputation for outstanding quality. The Prophecy GX gold hardware goes beyond anything seen before in the Prophecy series beginning with the GX’s gold metal barrel controls with mother of pearl inlaid tops, legendary Epi gold LockToneTM Tune-o-matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece, a gold Epiphone exclusive non-rotating heavy-duty output jack and gold Epiphone Straplocks. The Prophecy GX also includes gold Grover® 14:1 machine heads for superb tuning accuracy, just like you find on all the best Les Pauls.
Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX Hard Case
The Prophecy GX also includes a hard case so you have the security to take your GX anywhere the music takes you.
Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX Electric Guitar Specifications:
• Body Material: Solid Mahogany
• Top Material: Quilt Maple
• Neck Material: Mahogany
• Neck Shape: SpeedTaper™ D-Profile
• Neck Finish: Satin
• Neck Joint: Glued-in set neck
• Scale Length: 24.75″
• Number of Frets: 24
• Fret Size: Jumbo
• Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
• Fingerboard Radius: R14″
• Binding: Mother of P
• Headstock Logo: Pearl Stickpin inlay on headstock face
• Fretboard Position markers on 1,3,5,7,9,12, & 15th frets: Mother of Pearl and Abalone block and triangle inlays
• Fretboard Position markers on 17, 19, 21, and 24th frets: Mother of Pearl block inlays
• Nut Width: 1.68″
• Nut Material: Graphite”
• Machine Heads: Grover® 14:1
• Neck Pickup: Gibson USA 490R humbucker
• Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA 498T humbucker
• Neck Pickup Controls: 1 x Volume with push/pull coil splitting and 1 x Tone
• Bridge Pickup Controls: 1 x Volume with push/pull coil splitting and 1 x Tone
• Control Knobs: Metal Barrel with Mother of Pearl inlaid tops
• Pickup Selector: Epiphone all-metal 3-way toggle
• Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
• Tailpiece: LockTone™ Stopbar
• Output Jack: Epiphone Exclusive non-rotating heavy duty output jack
• Straplocks: Epiphone exclusive
• Colour Black Cherry (BC)
• Typical Weight: (+/- 5%) 8.7 lbs
• Strings: D’Addario® .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046″
• Case: Fitted Epiphone Hard Case included
• Setup: standard