EPIPHONE DOT DELUXE LIMITED EDITION SEMI-HOLLOW ELECTRIC GUITAR
BLUEBERRY BURST FINISH
o Historic ES-335 design
o Alnico Classic™ Humbuckers
o Vintage style TopHat controls
o southcoastmusic Pro-SCM setup
The Epiphone Limited Edition Dot Deluxe honors the immortal ES-335, the thin semi-hollowbody archtop with “Dot” inlays that brought archtop class to the rock ‘n’ roll era. Featuring a pair of Alnico Classic™ humbuckers, Grover® Rotomatic Machine Head and a gorgeous Flame Maple Veneer top and body in a stunning Blueberry Burst finish.
The Epiphone Dot is Epiphone’s version of the revered Gibson ES-335 “Dot” which has been inspiring guitar players all over the world for more than five decades. One of the all-time classic guitar designs, the style brought hollowbody tradition and solid-body performance together in the late 1950s.
Epiphone is long famous for its own original semi-hollow and hollowbody models from the 1950s Kalamazoo – Michigan era, including the Casino, Riviera and the Sheraton – all still hugely popular today. In 1958, at the same time those Epiphone guitars were being built in Kalamazoo, the iconic ES335 was introduced under the Gibson banner and grew to became a favorite of blues, rock, fusion, country and pop acts -praised for its elegant design and versatile array of colorful tonal combinations.
Known as the ES or “Electric Spanish” series, Gibson and Epiphone rewrote the book with these guitars.
This Epiphone “Dot” Deluxe (the nickname picked up by the original ES335 due to its simple “Dot” fingerboard inlays) is more than a tribute beautifully capturing the essence of that timeless semi-hollow design with limited edition appointments.
Along with the classic tones and more than 60 years of refinements, this limited edition Epiphone Dot Deluxe puts a potential history maker in your hands, ready to write the next chapter of your musical inspiration!
The Dot Deluxe features a limited edition laminated AAA flame Maple body, Mahogany Tone block and neck along with a Pau Ferro fingerboard wrapped up in a stunning High Gloss Blueberry Burst finish. The Epiphone Alnico Classic and Classic Plus Humbuckers deliver the electrifying tones that the Dot is loved for.
The chrome hardware is both functional and elegant.
While the Epiphone “Dot” Deluxe is great guitar – we have upped the ante with our inhouse Pro-SCM setup and the result is an exceptional instrument that is tactile, responsive and inspiring.
Vintage models (with vintage problems) can’t complete with the limited edition Epiphone Dot Deluxe. This is simply one of the best deals today for guitar players who want the classic sound and feel of an ES-335 at an affordable price.
EPIPHONE DOT DELUXE SPECIFICATIONS:
• Body Type: ES Semi Hollow Body with Mahogany Tone Block
• Body Shape: Epiphone Dot
• Orientation: Right Handed
• Number of Strings: 6
• Body Material: AAA Flame Maple Veneer
• Top Material: AAA Flame Maple Veneer
• Body Finish: Gloss
• Color: Blueberry Burst
• Headstock: Sloped Dovewing with “Epiphone” logo in Pearloid
• Headstock Inlay: Epiphone “DOT” in Pearloid
• Trussrod: 2-way Adjustable
• Trussrod Cover: 3-Ply Black/White/Black with “DOT” in white silkprint
• Neck Material: Mahogany
• Neck Joint: Dovetail – Glued-in
• Neck Shape: SlimTaper D Profile
• Fretboard Radius: R12″
• Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
• Fingerboard Position Markers: Pearloid Dot Inlays
• Number of Frets: 22
• Scale Length: 24.75″
• Nut Width: 1.6875″
• Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
• Tailpiece: LockTone™ Stopbar
• Tuners: Grover Rotomatic 18:1
• Neck Pickup: Alnico Classic Humbucker
• Bridge Pickup: Alnico Classic Plus Humbucker
• Controls: 2 x volume, 2 x tone
• Control Knobs: Amber “Top Hats”
• Pickup Selector: Epiphone 3-way Toggle Switch
• Hardware Finish: Nickel
• Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
• Epiphone Part Number: ETDDBBNH1
• Setup: Pro-SCM setup
Our Pro-SCM setup includes:
- Check that the action meets factory or your specifications
- Check and rectify any buzzing, intonation or playability issues
- Check and adjust the nut and bridge string heights
- Hand roll the fret ends to deburr the sharp edges and polish the frets
- Test electronics, pots and switches for correct function
- Inspect instrument construction and condition of the strings
- Tune to pitch
As a paid service this setup can easily cost $200 or more – it’s included in our price.
Now, that’s real value!