Celebrate 40 years of one of the most-played distortion pedals ever made, with the Boss DS-1-4A Distortion Pedal Limited Edition 40th Anniversary. Instead of the familiar orange casing, this special edition pedal features a black body with gold lettering, gold-capped knobs, and a vintage silver thumbscrew for the battery compartment. Inside, it packs the same circuit that has made this pedal a hit for so long, with Distortion, Tone and Level controls to explore everything from subtle grit to raging lead tones. Only available in 2017, the BOSS DS-1-4A pays homage to a truly worthy distortion pedal.
Simply put, the BOSS DS-1 distortion pedal is a modern classic. You’ve heard this orange box put through its paces on countless top rock recordings from Nirvana-era grunge to the renowned distorted tones of Steve Vai. The DS-1 is affordable, it sounds great, and it’s a rock pedalboard staple the perfect first distortion stompbox and one that may well be your last.
- Celebrates one of the most popular distortion pedals ever made
- Special edition with black body and gold lettering, gold-capped knobs, and vintage silver thumb screw
- Only available throughout 2017
- Ranges from subtle bite to rich crunch to full-on fuzz
- Distortion, Tone, and Level controls cover a huge sonic range
- Built to last, just like any BOSS pedal