YFL211ID Silver Plated Flute with Split-E Mechanism and Offset G
About thirty years ago Yamaha rewrote the book on what a student instrument should be. Superb build quality, accurate intonation and wonderful playability helped establish Yamaha as the benchmark for modern student flutes. Parents also warmed to Yamaha’s resale value and not just because of junior giving up flute for trail bike riding…Yamaha Student flutes are built to encourage the budding musician and in most instances Parents are simply trading up!
As a Parent buying your child’s first flute, there are certain things you need to be aware of, especially if you want them to continue…
- Please choose a beginner model: Beginner’s models are designed specifically for someone who is isn’t used to playing the flute. A flute designed for a Beginner should be easier to play and lighter to hold than the intermediate and professional models
- Closed holes: The holes on the flutes will be covered over instead of closing them with one’s fingers, making it easier to play
- C footjoint: This is a standard feature but it is best to make sure that it is present. This will allow the flute to play down to the bottom C note.
A good choice for the beginner is the YAMAHA YFL-211. It features all of the outlined points which your child will be most grateful for in the long run
The YFL211ID may be Yamaha’s entry-level instrument but this silver plated flute is a lovely instrument with an offset G and split E mechanism – important features that not only make the flute less daunting to play for beginners, they are normally only fund on more expensive brands.
The most important factor to bear in mind when buying a Yamaha Musical Instrument is that it is made by Yamaha.
Yamaha is the world’s largest manufacturer of musical instruments with more than 100 years of accumulated experience and technology that has set the industry standard for design innovation, quality and consistency. Yamaha produces products and services that satisfy the diverse needs and desires of musicians worldwide. Yamaha prides itself that wherever its products are made they are always “Made in Yamaha” with the same Yamaha quality, precision and reliability. Anybody that tells you different either doesn’t know…or has another agenda.
Yamaha YFL211ID Specifications
- Level: Standard
- Key: C
- Body Style: Type-1
- Body Material: Nickel silver
- Headjoint: CY cut; Nickel silver
- Key Material: Nickel silver
- Footjoint: C
- Plating: Silver
- Tone Holes: Drawn
- Key System: Offset G
- Key Types: Plateau
- Key Mechanism: Split E Mechanism
- Spring Type: Stainless Steel
- Screw Type: Straight; Headed pivot
- Bumper type: Neoprene
- Each flute is supplied in a sturdy plastic case with carrying handle & case cover.
- Includes cleaning rod, internal gauze and polishing cloth.
- Three Year Warranty