Limited Edition Satin Black Finish Maton EBG808C Acoustic Electric Guitar with AP5 PRO Pickup System
- Custom Satin Black Finish
- AP5 PRO Pickup System
- Maton Hard Case
- Pro-SCM Setup
The Maton EBG808C is Maton’s all solid 808 sized acoustic guitar. It is a great value small-bodied acoustic guitar with AA grade solid Sitka Spruce top and solid Blackwood back and sides. This is a limited edition custom colour model – they are very hard to come by and this example looks wickedly beautiful in its satin black nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
Acoustically, this EBG808C sounds sweet and balanced and is perfect for strumming and finger picking – dig in though, and this baby will roar with its punchy bottom end and sparkling high end response. Featuring a microphone and palathetic under saddle pickup, Maton’s AP5 PRO system faithfully replicates the 808’s acoustic tones when amplified.
Tonally, this guitar really packs some punch and is great for fingerpicking or bluegrass styles.
Pro-SCM Professional Setup
This limited edition Maton EBG808C is a great example of a hand crafted Australian made guitar and while the quality of this instrument shines through in spades, our customers continually tell us that our inhouse Pro-SCM setup has taken their guitar to another level altogether. Our skilled Guitar Technician will check and adjust anything that requires attention.
Our Pro-SCM setup includes:
• Check that the action meets factory or your specifications
• Check and rectify any buzzing, intonation or playability issues
• Check and adjust the nut and bridge string heights
• Hand roll the fret ends to deburr the sharp edges and polish the frets
• Test electronics, pots and switches for correct function
• Inspect instrument construction and condition of the strings
• Tune to pitch
As a paid service this setup can easily cost $200 or more – it’s included in our price.
Now, that’s real value!
Limited Edition Satin Black Finish Maton EBG808C Acoustic Electric Guitar specifications:
• Model: EBG808C-SB
• Body Style: 808
• Top Material: AA Grade Sitka Spruce
• Back and Sides Material: Victorian Blackwood
• Neck: Select Queensland Maple
• Fingerboard & Bridge Material: Indian Rosewood
• Bracing: Scalloped Maton X
• Sounboard Rosette: Herringbone Inlay
• Soundhole Diameter: 95mm
• Inner Binding: Three-Ply Pinstripe
• Outer Binding: White
• Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5″)
• Headstock Style: Keyhole
• Headstock Facing: 2mm Blackwood Veneer
• Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
• Number of Frets: 21
• Fingerboard Radius: R304.8mm (R12″)
• Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736″ – 1 47/64″)
• Fret Width at 14th Fret: 55mm (2.165″ – 2 11/64″)
• Fingerboard Position Markers: 6mm Pearl Dot Inlays
• Colour/Finish: Black Satin nitrocellulose lacquer
• Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
• Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
• Pickguard: Black with Gold M
• End Pin/Strap: Chrome
• Nut & Saddle Material: Bone
• Case: Standard Maton Hardcase
• Pickup: AP5-PRO
• Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53.
• Setup: Pro-SCM setup