LIMITED EDITION Epiphone Crestwood Custom Electric Guitar Polaris White
I totally love this axe! The Crestwood represents Epiphone’s attempt to spread it’s wings and fly after the big takeover by arch-rivals – Gibson in 1957. I was actually there in the 1970s watching Radio Birdman’s Deniz Tek shredding it up on the white Crestwood he got from Fred Smith from the MC5. For the record, I saw the ‘birds’ play at the long bar at the Lord Gowrie Hotel in Whyalla, South Australia. WTF! This is the stuff that legends are made of.
Epiphone’s First Electric Solid Body Returns to Its Roots
The Crestwood first appeared in 1958 and it was renamed Crestwood Custom in 1959; it was Epiphone’s first two-pickup solid-body electric guitar design.
The new Epiphone Crestwood Custom returns to its roots with features that harken back to the early models including a symmetrical double cutaway mahogany body, three on a side reduced sized Kalamazoo headstock with Epiphone Bikini badge and ivory button Epiphone Deluxe tuning machines. There is also a clear butterfly pickguard with white centre stripe and foil E logo.
As expected for this tribute to a top-of-the-range model, the Crestwood Custom boasts a glued-in mahogany neck with a medium C profile, 12″ radius Indian laurel fretboard, 22 medium jumbo frets and Epiphone oval inlays.
A pair of Epiphone PRO Mini Humbucker™ pickups are tamed by 2 volume and 2 tone controls with genuine CTS® potentiometers.
Hardware is also top shelf with an Epiphone LockTone™ Tune-O-Matic™ bridge with Graph Tech® TUSQ® saddles and Newbone®nut topped off by a Tremtone vibrato tailpiece.
• Body Shape: Symmetrical Epiphone double cutaway
• Body Material: Mahogany
• Colour: Polaris White
• Finish: Gloss
• Neck Material: Mahogany
• Neck Profile: Medium C
• Scale Length: 24.72″ / 628mm
• Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
• Fingerboard Radius: R12″
• Number Of Frets: 22
• Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
• Nut Material: Graph Tech® NuBone®
• Nut Width: 1.69″ / 43mm
• Fingerboard Position Markers: Epiphone Oval Inlays
• Neck Joint: Glued in
• Hardware Finish: Nickel
• Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-O-Matic™ with Graph Tech® TUSQ®
• Tailpiece: Tremotone with Indian Laurel Insert and Foil E Logo
• Tuning Machines: Epiphone Deluxe Vintage with Ivory Buttons
• Pickguard: Clear Epiphone butterfly with white centre stripe and foil E logo
• Truss Rod: Dual Action
• Truss Rod Cover: 3-Ply Epiphone Bullet
• Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with nickel inserts
• Switch Tip: Cream
• Switch Washer: Black with Gold Text
• Control Covers and Mounting Rings: Black PVC
• Pickup Covers Plating: Nickel
• Neck Pickup: PRO Mini Humbucker™
• Bridge Pickup: PRO Mini Humbucker™
• Controls: 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone – CTS® potentiometers
• Pickup Selector: 3 way toggle
• Output Jack: 6.35mm / 1/4″ Epiphone heavy duty
• Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
• Case: Optional: EpiLite™ Case (711106481579), Hardshell Case (711106261447), Gig Bag (711106261980)
And just before we go, if you seriously believe that guitars somehow come magically setup out of the box or, off the showroom wall, leave this page now. I have been playing guitar for more than 50 years and I can tell you that – other than a handful of very rare exceptions, that is definitely not the case.
If a ‘factory setup’ is how you roll, no worries, we have this guitar on offer at that price too – check our website or give us a call.
I almost cannot keep up with the sheer volume of bookings from musicians wanting their guitars set up. Part of the reason is that instruments sold with our Pro-SCM setup jump to the front of the queue. Our Pro-SCM setup includes:
- Ensure that the action and playability exceed factory specifications
- Rectify any buzzing, intonation or playability issues
- Adjust the nut and bridge string heights and deburr the nut
- Hand roll the fret ends to deburr the sharp edges and polish the frets
- Test electronics, pots and switches for correct function
- Inspect instrument construction and condition of the strings
- Tune to pitch
As a paid service this is worth at least $200 – or more! – it’s included in our price.
You want cheap? You’re on the wrong page – sorry.