F R E E W A Y C L A S S I C S A
North American Built Electric Guitar with Synth Access
l i g h t b u r s t f i n i s h
- Robert Godin started building guitars in the village of La Patrie, Quebec, Canada in 1972. Despite humble beginnings, Godin now builds more than a quarter of a million guitars each year, in six highly sophisticated factories in Quebec, Canada and in New Hampshire, USA.All Godin group guitars are known for their superb playability, tone, workmanship and value.The Freeway Classic became Godin’s most popular model almost immediately following its release.
- Godin brands include Godin, Seagull, Art & Lutherie, Simon and Patrick, La Patrie, Richmond and Norman. The range is perhaps the most comprehensive in the world with instruments ranging from the eleven-string fretless Glissentar to the full shred ahead Redline Nemesis.
- Players the world over admired the Freeway’s, “expensive custom guitar looks” and “big, balanced sound”.
- Here for the first time was a Custom Shop quality North American built Guitar at the price of an Asian import.
- The feel of the satin-finished, rock maple neck is quite sublime…akin to sliding into your favourite sneakers.
- …and there’s much more. As well as great looks and feel, the Godin Freeway scores Top Marks in the guitar-workhorse department. The custom wound Godin humbucker-single coil-humbucker pickup configuration delivers a broad spectrum of tones making it the perfect machine for the stage and the studio. Huge humbucking crunch, wailing Blues and classic clean chiming tones are right there at your fingertips.
- The Top is the stunning Flame Maple Leaftop in the highly desirable Lightburst Hi-Gloss finish.
- The Freeway SA (synth access) takes all of the versatility of the Freeway Classic and adds synth/computer access via a built-in 13-pin connector, courtesy of the revolutionary Ghost pickup system installed in the bridge.
- The Ghost system is made in Canada and uses a proprietary harmonic dampening system that results in amazingly accurate tracking. Godin’s pioneering designs in guitars with synth access have led the industry and the Freeway continues the tradition establishing new benchmarks for response, ease-of-use and affordability.
- Godin Freeway SA specifications:
- Neck: Rock Maple
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12”
- Body: Maple center Block with Poplar wings
- Top: Silverleaf Flame Maple
- Finish: Lightburst Hi-Gloss
- Nut: Graphtech Tusq
- Scale Length: 25 ½”
- Bridge: Floating tremelo equipped with Ghost saddle pickups and the Hexpander Modular Pre-amp
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup: Godin GHN1 Humbucker
- Middle Pickup: Godin GS1 Single Coil
- Bridge Pickup: Godin GHB1 Humbucker
- Controls: 5-way pickup switch, volume and tone
- Godin Pro Gig Bag
- Controls for the Ghost system:
- Momentary mini toggle serves multiple functions on a Roland GR-Series Guitar Synthesiser
- 3-Way Mini Toggle selects between Synth, Guitar or both
- Volume for synth
southcoastmusic is an authorised Australian Godin Reseller. TWO YEAR warranty.
Australia-wide Delivery including Transit Insurance is included!