Fender Squier® Contemporary Stratocaster® Special HT Electric Guitar Sky Burst Metallic finish
• Sky Burst Metallic Finish
• High Performance Squier SQR™ Alnico Single Coil Pickups
• String-through-body Hardtail Bridge with Block Saddles
• Premium Roasted maple Neck
• Sculpted Neck Heel
• Painted Headstock with Chrome Logos
• Professionally setup by John Kuts
The Squier® Contemporary Stratocaster® Special HT brings modern features and bold aesthetics to an iconic Fender platform to satisfy today’s most discerning and daring players.
At the heart of this guitar are three high performance Squier SQR™ alnico single-coil pickups positioned in a “special” configuration with the middle pickup near the bridge pickup for a unique variety of dynamically responsive settings. The roasted maple neck was chosen for its optimal tone and stability, and a sculpted heel design allows for improved access all the way to the 22nd fret.
High-performance components round out the feature list and include a string-through-body hardtail bridge for enhanced body resonance. A set of sealed-gear machine heads with split shafts provide smooth and accurate tuning action and easy restringing. Eye-catching styling cues include stealthy black hardware and a sleek painted headstock with chrome logos for a premium look.
• SQUIER® SQR™ ALNICO SINGLE-COIL PICKUPS
The high performance Squier SQR single coil pickups have been specially designed and precision wound. They deliver a wide range of sounds from chimey clean to punchy articulate tones making them ideal for a wide variety of styles. Our scmusic guitar specialists are well impressed.
• ROASTED MAPLE NECK
Roasted Maple is a premium neck material normally associated with guitars costing much more than the Contemporary Special HT. As well as a gorgeous and deep, rich colour, Roasted Maple delivers articulate tone and optimal stability.
• SEALED DIE-CAST TUNING MACHINES WITH SPLIT SHAFTS
The sealed die-cast tuners have a smooth action for accurate tuning. The split shafts make changing strings a breeze and the chrome plating is both classy and hard wearing.
• STRING-THROUGH-BODY HARDTAIL BRIDGE
Anchoring the strings through the body is a time proven method of improving string resonance through the instrument. The results speak for themselves with optimal tone and stability – even in drop tunings.
• SCULPTED NECK HEEL
Upper fret access is a problem for some stratocaster players. The Squier Contemporary Special HT guitar has this sorted. This Strat has been designed and engineered with an ergonomic sculpted neck heel for enhanced access to the upper frets. You’ll probably find notes that you never even knew existed!
• 12″ FINGERBOARD RADIUS
The wider the fingerboard radius, the lower the action can be set without notes choking out as you progress up the neck. The Fender Squier Contemporary Special HT Stratocaster is very much a modern player’s guitar with a healthy dose of tradition included for good measure.
Pro-SCM Professional Setup
While the quality of this instrument shines through in spades, our customers continually tell us that our inhouse Pro-SCM setup has taken their guitar to another level altogether. Our skilled Guitar Technicians check and adjust anything that requires attention. Our Pro-SCM setup includes:
• Check that the action meets factory or your specifications (let us know when you buy your guitar)
• Check and rectify any buzzing, intonation or playability issues
• Check and adjust the nut and bridge string heights
• Hand roll the fret ends and polish the frets, oil the fretboard
• Test electronics, pots and switches for correct function
• Inspect instrument construction and condition of the strings
• Ensure mechanical devices work properly including tremelo systems and fine tuners
• Tune to pitch
As a paid service this setup can easily cost $200 or more – it’s included in our price.
Now, that’s real value!
Contemporary Stratocaster® Special HT Squier Electric Guitar Specifications:
• Body Material: Poplar Tone Wood
• Body Shape: Stratocaster®
• Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
• Neck Material: Roasted Maple
• Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
• Headstock Face Colour: Black
• Headstock Face Finish: Gloss Urethane
• Neck Profile: “C” Shape
• Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
• Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
• Fingerboard Radius: R12″ (305 mm)
• Number of Frets: 22
• Fret Size: Jumbo
• Nut Material: Graphite
• Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
• Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
• Truss Rod: Head Adjust
• Bridge/Middle Pickup: 2 x Squier® SQR™ Alnico Single-Coil Pickups
• Neck Pickup: Squier® SQR™ Alnico Single-Coil Pickup
• Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
• Pickup Configuration: SSS
• Pickup Switch: 5-Position Blade with Special Settings
• Pickup Switch Position 1: Bridge & Middle (Series, Hum-Cancelling)
• Pickup Switch Position 2: Middle
• Pickup Switch Position 3: Middle and Neck (Parallel)
• Pickup Switch Position 4: Bridge, Middle and Neck
• Pickup Switch Position 5: Neck
• Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
• Hardware Finish: Black
• Machine Heads: Sealed Die-Cast Tuners with Split Shafts
• Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
• Control Knobs: White Plastic
• Switch Tip: White
• Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Squier® Asymmetrical
• Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
• Case/Gig Bag: Optional
• Setup: Pro-SCM professional setup