Audio Technica MB2K Midnight Blues Hypercardioid Dynamic Handheld Instrument Microphone
• Unbeatable value Microphone for Amplified and Acoustic instruments
• Frequency response tailored for optimal instrument reproduction
• Hypercardioid dynamic element design for rejection of unwanted sounds
• Rugged all-Metal Die-Cast construction
• Hi-ENERGY® Neodymium Magnet for improved output and transient response
• Soft-touch finish reduces mechanical noise
• Silent on-off operation thanks to MagnaLock™ switch design
• Corrosion-resistant gold-plated XLRM-type connector
• 15′ (4.5m) XLR-XLR Cable included
• Mic Stand Clip and Zippered Soft Carry Pouch included
The industry standard for affordable instrument microphones, the Audio technica MB2K/C features a hypercardioid dynamic element design for outstanding off-axis rejection and feedback control.
The Midnight Blue series was designed by Audio technica as a range of affordable, high quality microphones.
With performance rivalling that of microphones costing more than twice their price, the Midnight Blues series have made their mark in studios and on stages around the world.
The MB2K/C is an excellent instrument microphone designed for capturing the sound of musical instruments, drums and amplifiers in sound reinforcement and recording applications.
Audio Technica drew into their extensive audio engineering experience to produce a rugged all-metal microphone that punches well above its weight.
The Dynamic Capsule features a hypercardioid polar pattern effectively minimising unwanted noise and off-axis audio signals away from the front of the microphone capsule. Its frequency response is tailored for optimal instrument pickup.
The result is an outstanding microphone at this price with a concentrated pick up of the source signal while rejecting adjacent noise and minimising feedback.
Audio-Technica’s Hi-ENERGY® neodymium magnet element delivers maximum output and fast transient response. It has also been designed and engineered to withstand incredibly high Sound Pressure Levels (SPL) significantly reducing noise caused by peak distortion and fast transients.
The “C” in MB2K/C means that it comes complete with a quality 4.5 metre (15′) XLR-XLR microphone cable.
The MB2K’s Die-Cast metal case features a noise-reducing soft-touch finish and the proprietry MagnaLock™ switch provides silent on/off operation. The switch can also be locked in its ON or OFF position. Another Pro inclusion is the corrosion-resistant gold-plated XLRM-type connector.
The MB2K’s signal reproduction is an affordable solution for reproducing drums, percussion, guitar, brass, piano and more.
Audio Technica MB2K/C Specifications:
• SKU: MB2K/C
• Transducer: Neodymium Dynamic
• Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid Unidirectional
• Frequency Response: 60-14,000 Hz
• Open Circuit Sensitivity: -54 dB (1.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
• Output Impedance: 600 ohms
• Output Connector: Corrosion-resistant gold-plated XLRM-type connector
• On/Off Switch: Silent MagnaLock™ Switch
• Dimensions: 183.6mm x 41.4mm (7.23 x 1.63″) Length x Head Diameter
• Weight: 337 g (11.9 oz.)
• Cable: Yes, 15′ (4.5m) Cable included
• Mic Stand Clip: AT8470 Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp for 5/8″-27 threaded stands included
• Mic Stand Clip Thread Adapter: 5/8″”-27 to 3/8″-16 thread adapter included
• Carry Case: T2 Zippered Soft Protective Pouch included