This is the Fender American Professional Jazz Bass – in left hand.
- Two Michael Bump-designed V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Slim modern “C”-shaped neck profile
- Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets for familiar playing feel
- HiMass™ Vintage bridge for increased sustain
- Fluted-shaft tuning machines; Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
- Left-handed potentiometers for master volume and tone controls
- Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
The Jazz Bass is a refinement of the concepts first introduced by Leo Fender in the Precision Bass and how that concept evolved into one of the most popular bass guitars on the planet. Designed and Engineered for today’s musician, the American Professional Jazz Bass combines modern features and materials with Fender’s craftsmanship and expertise to produce a truly contemporary bass.
Speedy, powerful and articulate, the Jazz Bass quickly carved out a niche for itself when it was released in 1960. The slim, ultra-fast neck and slick offset-waist styling made it a favorite of bassists everywhere. Funk, fusion, disco and, of course, modern rock all owe a life debt to the fantastically versatile Jazz Bass.
Part of the evolutionary process has been developed by pickup master Michael Bump. His brand-new V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups use a carefully selected blend of alnico magnet types for balanced tone with authentic Fender sonic DNA.
The Jazz Bass has always been about superior ergonomics – designed for comfort and performance and the American Professional Jazz Bass ticks all the boxes. The slim modern “C”-shaped neck profile feels just right nestled in your hand – making those long sessions a breeze. The narrow-tall frets provide a familiar playing feel, perfect intonation require the lightest touch to fret each note. Posiflex™ graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck and resisting warping. The redesigned tuning machines use a fluted shaft, creating the optimum break angle over the nut while keeping the string windings tight for increased sustain and enhanced tuning stability.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Jazz Bass is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
This is the last one left – please contact us to confirm availability.
Fender American Professional Jazz Bass Specifications:
- Model Name: American Pro Jazz Bass®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Black, LH
- Model Number: 0193920706
- Series: American Professional
- Colour: Black
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Body Orientation: Left Hand
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Slim C
- Scale Length: 34″ (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5″ (38.1 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16″ Hex Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck
- Headstock Face Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Volume 1 – Middle Pickup: 1 x Left-handed potentiometer
- Volume 2 – Bridge Pickup: 1 x Left-handed potentiometer
- Tone Control: 1 x Master Tone Left-handed potentiometer
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Orientation: Left-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Case: Fender Elite Hardshell case included
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)